Björn Engels

Delphinho123

He's a good player but dosen't half miss Mings leadership and organisation as do the others.

Worry for me is we have lots of number two CBs e.g. none of Hause, Konsa or Engels have the experience or confidence at this level to start dishing out orders and being the dominant CB who can head and kick away everything.

Wonder if we'll see Chester involved v Norwich. I suspect we will but trouble is his best games for us were always as number 2 CB alongside Terry or even Baker when he could drop off and sweep up. Plus we don't know how his knee would hold up with regular games at this level again.

17 hours ago, poitier said:

How the hell can he lose every header to Shane Long? Played like an absolute bloody novice today.

To be fair, Shane Long is one of the players who always has our number.

Along with Dwight Gayle and a couple of others we need to injure before our games.

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Been found out.

Konsa back in.

Been found out after one (or two) poor performances where everyone else was shit.

His first back after a few games out?

When in games prior to his injury he was being lauded as better than Mings etc. lol

Villa fans I tell you.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, poitier said:

How the hell can he lose every header to Shane Long? Played like an absolute bloody novice today.

Shane Long is such a good centre forward in my opinion. He works so hard for the team, doesn’t give the opposition centre backs a minute’s rest. Ok, he doesn’t score many goals but the work he does for the team allows other teammates to flourish 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Shane Long is such a good centre forward in my opinion. He works so hard for the team, doesn’t give the opposition centre backs a minute’s rest. Ok, he doesn’t score many goals but the work he does for the team allows other teammates to flourish 

I agree he is a good player, but Engels is 6'4, he shouldn't be getting bullied in the air by Long.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Long always has a great game against us at Villa Park. We needed to give him the Hutton treatment and blast the word removed off the park. 

Good point. To be fair, the whole team lack that nasty streak/side.  Who would you fear if you were the opposition? We’re probably too nice to play against.  Only Mings has it in him, so the sooner he’s back the better. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Been found out after one (or two) poor performances where everyone else was shit.

His first back after a few games out?

When in games prior to his injury he was being lauded as better than Mings etc. lol

Villa fans I tell you.

Well, I haven't.

But that's VT for you, somebody says something which becomes a collective opinion for a minute.

I'd say it's becoming clear that Engels looked good early on, but now without Mings he is getting exposed. I'm finding it very hard to hail any of our CBs currently. They're no match for quick strikers, and we must be the worst team in the air in the box. We all know WDFAFC and we're getting our asses handed to us from a set piece every game.

They are all good if you let them be......Engels was poor for whatever reasons......amongst many.

Shane Long.....Jamie Vardy .....Dwiight Gayle.....Jay Rodriguez.

our Motto " Prepared"......do we ever learn?

yeah Right

On 22/12/2019 at 09:53, AVTuco said:

Been found out.

Konsa back in.

Why this big love in for Konsa ? - the bloke who sees him in training everyday - and saw fit to pay £9m for him- is selecting kourtney hause ahead of him - really not seeing £9m worth there myself.

Â