Björn Engels

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We also had injuries to Wesley, McGinn, Engels, Mings and Heaton. 

That is the spine of our team.

It’s remarkable that we are still picking up points in this league at all. 

Completely agree, but there's still something that's looked off. A bust up would explain that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dale said:

I think you'd have to make him the sweeper and push Mings left, you lose a lot of pace by doing that. 

Engels has recorded the fourth fastest sprint speed of a Premier league player this season at 22.9 mph ... suggests he’s not the sloth people think he is ...though admittedly top speed does not necessarily translate as quick over a long distance

Edited by tonyh29

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Engels has recorded the fourth fastest sprint speed of a Premier league player this season at 22.9 mph ... suggests he’s not the sloth people think he though admittedly top speed does not necessarily translate as quick over a long distance

yeah, i reckon he has a quick top speed (stride), but is probably slow to turn and get up to speed.

regardless, where is he.....i like me some engels.....

not in squad AGAIN versus Watford.

what the heck is going on?, we are missing one of our best centre backs why???

Is nobody (journalists/other) asking Deano whats going on?

Honestly, if its a "falling out", i wouldnt be surprised if what he said was truthful........Engels doesnt seem like a tool.

• Like 1

All v odd but perhaps there’s a simple explanation: does DS just want Chester on the bench for moral support and to support Konsa’s decentish performances by keeping him in the side? 

An alternative theory is that he’s sidelined because of concern for his wife’s recent leg Issue: it’s absolutely massive and must be causing some distress...

• Haha 2

There was a suggestion in the transfers thread about doing something similar to what Roma do when announcing a new signing re: missing persons.

Maybe for our next transfer we could do one for Engels?

3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He hasn't posted anything on social media since Christmas but was a one post a month man before that.

And Christmas was 4 weeks ago. So we can expect a new post in the next day or so. Strong work Poirot

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Engels has had shakey games but I don't think he's played in the back five yet.

he was last seen strolling back against leicestor.

I'd throw him in over Hause regardless of what terry thinks. Smith needs to show he's in charge.

Hause highest % winner of aerial duels in PL and left footed and most managers want left footed CB on the left for out ball

https://mobile.twitter.com/whoscored/status/1217459422252978181

Â