Björn Engels

Delphinho123

No idea what’s gone on but he looked good, better & more reliable than Hause at least and imo Konsa (who has a lot of potential).

It’s a shame, I quite liked the Mingels partnership, we looked quite solid initially...

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

my mate, who has been incredibly unreliable with info in the past, says he heard of a bust up with smith + terry. while normally i wouldn't believe a word he says, it would explain his absence

Saw this rumor before and called bullshit on it.

However, it is starting to look like there is some truth to it.

Must have been a large bust up, for all we know it could have affected the whole squad as well.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw this rumor before and called bullshit on it.

However, it is starting to look like there is some truth to it.

Must have been a large bust up, for all we know it could have affected the whole squad as well.

Why? They are all just reading and spreading the same nonsense source on Twitter. Bit like Kodjia’s medical at Forest..

Edited by Elton
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No idea what’s gone on but he looked good, better & more reliable than Hause at least and imo Konsa (who has a lot of potential).

It’s a shame, I quite liked the Mingels partnership, we looked quite solid initially...

I disagree. We were incredibly poor aerially from crosses and set pieces when Engels was in the team. This has been massively improved by Hause coming into the side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Could explain Vida links?

Got to be - the morning after that big win and Engels is in France, so he's been there probably overnight. Hell knows what happened - maybe he's got some little sexually deviant quirk like sniffing the used kits of the U-23s - that sort of thing ain't nobody want to talk about.....

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

my mate, who has been incredibly unreliable with info in the past, says he heard of a bust up with smith + terry. while normally i wouldn't believe a word he says, it would explain his absence

Not that I am ITK but I have heard the same, something about him complaining 3 at the back doesn't suit him. I don't know if this was on a podcast or on a forum.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On the flipside, it's a bit like Kodjias "illness"?

Whether the club lied about that or he  was genuinely ill (there’s a lot of it around) or just unselectable as his head was elsewhere, I guess we’ll never know. I just can’t see the issue with Engel’s being dropped given results have improved since.

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Got to be - the morning after that big win and Engels is in France, so he's been there probably overnight. Hell knows what happened - maybe he's got some little sexually deviant quirk like sniffing the used kits of the U-23s - that sort of thing ain't nobody want to talk about.....

I think we were always looking at 3 (5) at the back, we were linked with Christian Lyandama in the summer then again for January untie he damaged his cruciate. After this we are linked with Vida. It makes no sense to add another CB to the squad unless we would regularly play with 3 CB's.

I would have loved Lyandama.... 

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Not that I am ITK but I have heard the same, something about him complaining 3 at the back doesn't suit him. I don't know if this was on a podcast or on a forum.

I am also not ITK and I heard the same...

...on this forum, posted from twitter. And literally none of this is evidence that he's had an argument with Smith.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

To me it's just that Ezri and Hause are better suited to covering for when the wing backs bomb forward.  While Engels may be quick he doesn't seem to have the same acceleration over a short distance.  Mings is untouchable obviously so it's down to Chester or Engels for the bench and Dean prefers Chester.  It's pretty rare for a team to have 5 first team centre halves to choose from but someone has to miss out. 

• Like 1

Yea but why not Mings-Engels-Konsa?

Hause is really poor with the ball, and clearly not suited to play any type of passing style. Mings and Konsa on the other hand are very comfortable with the ball at their feet, and Mings especially can pick a pass. With Mings in the middle, he is forced to stay back more. 

Â