Björn Engels

Delphinho123

This one is baffling.

Even if there was some sort of disagreement you think all parties would have ironed it out for the greater good ffs.

Unless the bust up was VERY bad and it has affected the whole squad?

Either way, would Much prefer him in the middle and Tyrone on the left. 

Hause is scary.

• Like 2

Considering we had conceded the most goals from corners I think and that has completely stopped since we've gone 3 at the back I don't see the issue.  If we had a back 4 I'd go Engels and Mings but we aren't in that place at the moment.  We had to change the formation up because we became too easy to play against.

• Like 3

I’m not sure there is any conspiracy here. That Villa mole/ThatcherLover Twitter account is usually full of BS. 

Engels was clearly playing with an injury earlier in the season, as Martinez (National manager) said to our surprise, as Villa hadn’t said anything at that stage. Maybe he still isn’t fully fit and he’d rather play 3 fit CB’s than one with a niggle. 

Personally I prefer Konsa and Hause over Engels anyway. They are faster, better in the air and Konsa who effectively has replaced Engels as right sided CB is better with the ball too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Elton said:

I’m not sure there is any conspiracy here. That Villa mole/ThatcherLover Twitter account is usually full of BS. 

Engels was clearly playing with an injury earlier in the season, as Martinez (National manager) said to our surprise, as Villa hadn’t said anything at that stage. Maybe he still isn’t fully fit and he’d rather play 3 fit CB’s than one with a niggle. 

Personally I prefer Konsa and Hause over Engels anyway. They are faster, better in the air and Konsa who effectively has replaced Engels as right sided CB is better with the ball too. 

Didn't know this.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't know this.

Yes, Martinez praised him and hinted at a call up but at his press conference he said he decided not to call up Engels and said he wasn’t fully fit.

Engels then played in our next game anyway (Palace away I think). Smith later came out and said he had a hip problem. One of those injuries that won’t stop him playing but could compromise his performance.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Elton said:

Have to disagree there, id take the engles we saw early on in the season over hause and konsa ever day of the week

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Have to disagree there, id take the engles we saw early on in the season over hause and konsa ever day of the week

Fair enough. I have nothing against Engels, I agree he started well but we are stronger in the air defensively now, which in the main is Hause coming in.

On the subject of Engels, he did that drawing game with Heaton. Heaton drew Richard O'Kelly and Engels said coach...didn't know what his name was! I thought that was kinda scary how a first team player doesn't know the name of our coach.

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

On the subject of Engels, he did that drawing game with Heaton. Heaton drew Richard O'Kelly and Engels said coach...didn't know what his name was! I thought that was kinda scary how a first team player doesn't know the name of our coach.

It's just like all the others who keep calling him gaffer.... Spoooookkkkyyyy!!!

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Late to the party but don’t believe a word thatchelover says, I’m not on twitter any more but I was on there long enough to know that account is full of fake ITK shit. 

Don't worry, I would never respect the words of a man who (apparently willingly) refers to himself as 'thatcherlover' in public :P

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Either way, would Much prefer him in the middle and Tyrone on the left. 

Hause is scary.

I don't think we can move Mings, he's too important, controls everything. Both Konsa and Hause are liable to brainfarts and need keeping in line from the big man; as do both midfielders, and the wing backs, and whoever is up front apart from Jack. Mings would be our best option on that side though yes.

I'd be confident in either Konsa or Engels on the ball on the left actually, my only worry would be if Engels would get run ragged out wide.

Hause is very scary yes. From minute to minute he's either looking like he's got rollerskates on or really comfortable doing chops inside to himself, never seen anything like it.

If Engels was fit I'd be thinking about him for the next game. 

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't think we can move Mings, he's too important, controls everything. Both Konsa and Hause are liable to brainfarts and need keeping in line from the big man; as do both midfielders, and the wing backs, and whoever is up front apart from Jack. Mings would be our best option on that side though yes.

I'd be confident in either Konsa or Engels on the ball on the left actually, my only worry would be if Engels would get run ragged out wide.

Hause is very scary yes. From minute to minute he's either looking like he's got rollerskates on or really comfortable doing chops inside to himself, never seen anything like it.

If Engels was fit I'd be thinking about him for the next game. 

Out of likes but agreed, it's only the Left Foot balance I was thinking about.

40 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Tbh the last 1-2 months we've lookedlike a team where something has been broken in the dressingroom. The absense of Engels and whether there has been drama makes perfect sense. Just fits. 

We also had injuries to Wesley, McGinn, Engels, Mings and Heaton. 

That is the spine of our team.

It’s remarkable that we are still picking up points in this league at all. 

• Like 2

Â