Björn Engels

Delphinho123

The guy is so calm, bold statement alert but i think this kid could become our best CB over the course of the season. 

Certainly ahead of Konsa at the moment imo. 

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Another solid performance. Unflappable and assured, he already looks like he has a good understanding with Mings.

now we have Heaton at the back too, we should be pretty solid. 

They are big guys, good on the ball and Guilbert and Mings are quick to cover his speed. Hard to find fault here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They are big guys, good on the ball and Guilbert and Mings are quick to cover his speed. Hard to find fault here

Just wish we’d utilise their height on corners, instead of the current quickly taken ones

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Just wish we’d utilise their height on corners, instead of the current quickly taken ones

Suppose it's tough when we've only had two players of good height on the pitch at once. Mings and Tammy (who isn't good with his head). And Mings and Engels haven't played a lot together either.. quite easy to mark the only two players likely to get their heads on it. Did i make up that we signed the set piece coach that Southgate used at the World Cup? It tells in our corners and FKs.

Will be interesting to see If we adapt with Wesley and Engels in there now.

• Like 1

Hearing good things about him. This is what I was saying earlier in the summer when people were demanding we spend 20m + on Webster because he had a good Youtube video. Scout european instead for an international standard CB for 10m.

I know Engels isn't that yet but can see him getting a Belgium call up if he starts prem season well, Boyata still gets caps for them and their other CBs are old.

Him and Mings is the best balance I think.

Edited by VillaChris

56 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Hearing good things about him. This is what I was saying earlier in the summer when people were demanding we spend 20m + on Webster because he had a good Youtube video. Scout european instead for an international standard CB for 10m.

I know Engels isn't that yet but can see him getting a Belgium call up if he starts prem season well, Boyata still gets caps for them and their other CBs are old.

Him and Mings is the best balance I think.

gotta say Engels and Mings look like a really good pairing.

I havent found a single bad thing to say about Engels so far, he looks really good.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I thought he was much better today, looked the part in a fiercely intense game against some very classy forwards. His partner was was exceptional, he was the Steady Eddie.

Mings & Engels > Marx & Engels 

As long as they stick to defending and don't try to overthrow the bourgeoisie and pass all political power to the proletariat then i'll be fine. 

• Haha 2

Commentators said he was picked for the Belgium WC squad last summer, but withdrew because of an injury. Very good to know that he is rated, they have very good CB options in Belgium. It was also said he went to Greece because a Belgium manager brought him there and to play in the CL. Thought it was odd he went there if he was so highly rated, but that makes sense.

I like his intentions wanting to pass the ball, so far not the same passing ability as Mings, but the intentions are there and some of the passes were sublime. Often took the safe option and handed it over to Mings, but in the situations he was put under preassure he solved it quite well. Promising signs with him and Mings as CB pair.

• Like 1

For the reported £7m, he looks a snip, I know it’s early days and he hasn’t even played a competitive match for us yet but it just goes to show that bargains can be found abroad. It also shows that the scouts are doing their job too but it seems that Smith has known about Engels for a while. From what I’ve seen of Engels, he could be the buy of the season, he’s very comfortable on the ball but not only that he’s strong and great in the air, he just looks to be a top player already. Great find by the manager, let’s hope we can get a few more like him in

• Like 1

Â