Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

44 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I also think Gerrard and the board value good footballers. He's scored some huge goals but consistently over 90 minutes he's one of the worst. 5% diving 10%being outmuscled. 5% underhit passes 10% bad touches. 50% trying to beat people for pace and getting robbed. 15% bad bad bad bad decisions. 5% back post reactionary no time to think screamers.

I don't think I will ever forget the goals against Palace and Arsenal in lockdown and the last minute winner against Leicester sitting in the lower holte.

I hope one day to forget him having 10 yards on JWP and being out paced and bodied off the ball by him.

Pretty much this.

Trez the guy I can get fully behind, but the footballer is terribly limited. He's scored some vital goals for us, (and those alone have repaid his modest fee) but going forward we need much more quality than he provides.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

5% diving 10%being outmuscled. 5% underhit passes 10% bad touches. 50% trying to beat people for pace and getting robbed. 15% bad bad bad bad decisions. 5% back post reactionary no time to think screamers

Yep I’m sad enough to have checked that added up. Good work.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I5% diving 10%being outmuscled. 5% underhit passes 10% bad touches. 50% trying to beat people for pace and getting robbed. 15% bad bad bad bad decisions. 5% back post reactionary no time to think screamers.

Why are you describing christiano Ronaldo in the trezeguet thread?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

10%being outmuscled

The 7-2 when he bodied Robertson to the deck and put in cross that Ollie put against crossbar which would've been 8-2 was probably my favourite moment of his Villa career

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The 7-2 when he bodied Robertson to the deck and put in cross that Ollie put against crossbar which would've been 8-2 was probably my favourite moment of his Villa career

You do realise how % work? That’s a good memory though and is probably a fine example of how good he could be and yet his inconsistency is probably the thing that stands out when we look back over his entire Villa career. Which ironically probably sums us up as a club over the years, moments of glory in between large periods of mediocrity. I think that’s the big problem that NSWE are working hard to resolve. 

Jesus, why cant we actually SELL him? Need to start get permanently rid of and earn fees for players surplus to requirements. Are most non PL teams still hard up from Covid? 

52 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You do realise how % work?

I absolutely do. I'm the Statman ba ba ba a dee. That moment just sticks out for me more than the important goals in relegation survival and League Cup SF winner

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Jesus, why cant we actually SELL him? Need to start get permanently rid of and earn fees for players surplus to requirements. Are most non PL teams still hard up from Covid? 

There could be a loan and obligation to buy like Samatta. If not I'm sure there will be clubs interested in buying him in summer. He and AEG aren't on big wages and so should have lots of options abroad as the transfer fees for them will be single digit millions

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

In fairness he's been injured for nearly a year.

I think this team have a bit of money behind them given the wages they've paid for big name signings in recent past so hopefully get 4-5m in the summer from them or perhaps one of the big 3 as he's proven in Turkish league.

Way down the pecking order here with Buendia playing well now and Traore and Bailey needing minutes.

Interesting that when Gerrard came in a few on here thought him and El Ghazi would get significant minutes fitting into his style and yet both have been quickly weeded out along with Targett.

after his antics at brentford i'd hoped he'd never play for us again. scored some important goals, but not in any way bothered he's gone

feels good to seemingly close the door on that 20/21 season with the likes of el ghazi, wesley and trez leaving the club.

• Like 1

Pretty sure we’ve seen Trez in a villa shirt for the final time.

In terms of return on investment I think it’s worked out well for all parties, he scored some vital goals for us which have contributed to where we are today and from his perspective, he got to play at what is likely to be the highest level he’ll reach.

Thanks for the memories Trez and good luck!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

after his antics at brentford i'd hoped he'd never play for us again. scored some important goals, but not in any way bothered he's gone

feels good to seemingly close the door on that 20/21 season with the likes of el ghazi, wesley and trez leaving the club.

That’s a bit extreme. So if a players shit and dives you hope he never plays for us again. If he’s class he can do what he wants right ?

spacer.png

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s a bit extreme. So if a players shit and dives you hope he never plays for us again. If he’s class he can do what he wants right ?

spacer.png

at no point did i say that and you know it so i'm not really sure what's brought that on

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

spacer.png

Seeing that in real time, I thought penalty straight away. :D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

19/20😉

2017 Fitness Highlights You Should Know | by Rafal Matuszewski | Medium

• Haha 4

Â