Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

58 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Weirdly I have more affection for Trez than Targett at this stage. Not even sure why - maybe because he was clearly all in (including the diving which I hate) and was key to us staying up.

Isn't good enough for us but wish him all the best.

I suppose one could accept that Trez was genuinely out of his depth but gave it a go anyway.

• Like 2

Terrible player, might sound harsh but be glad to see him gone.

Scoring a couple of goals doesn't mask the God knows how many sub par performances and woeful decision making on the ball, which would have cost us points elsewhere that season.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I hope you’re not this hard on yourself 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886s4iwqi1hf4tmu1hr4a

I'm sure he'll get over it. He came to a big club, played in a top league and earned a good wage, all while being completely out of his depth.

You would think for £5m he would be a pretty decent signing for a Championship club for top flight smaller league.

He's probably never going to earn whatever we pay him elsewhere so as long as he accepts that he should aim for a long contract whilst he's kind of in his peak earning potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Agree with this, we will forever be massively indebted for those 3 goals at the end of the 19/20 season and he's been a true advocate of Aston Villa. 

Good luck Trez wherever you go on to. 

Back post Trez, its not something you just learn. Its instinct

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You would think for £5m he would be a pretty decent signing for a Championship club for top flight smaller league.

He's probably never going to earn whatever we pay him elsewhere so as long as he accepts that he should aim for a long contract whilst he's kind of in his peak earning potential.

Reunion with Deano?

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I'm sure he'll get over it. He came to a big club, played in a top league and earned a good wage, all while being completely out of his depth.

I wasn’t talking about him, I was talking about you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

To be fair to him, I think he’s quite an intelligent player which somewhat made up for his technique. That’s the only way you can explain how he scored those important goals- he was good at finding space to finish chances 

• Like 1

He couldn't sprint he couldn't pass he couldn't tackle he couldn't dribble he couldn't out muscle me gran and he couldn't trap a bag of cement but the man could slap in a first time strike, on the full, on the half volley.

Terrible player but arguably the most important in a generation of Villa.

• Like 1

seeing the wesley and trez threads being bumped makes me shudder with bad memories

trez at least gave us some great moments though...considering how god awful he was for us overall, he scored some of the most important AVFC goals of the past 5 years

Wish all our players had his attitude and commitment, the tears in his eyes the day he got injured showed how passionate he was for our cause. Wish him all the success in the world. 

• Like 2

Â