Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I read somewhere that there have been 6 teams who have spent over £50M immediately after promotion and Fulham were the only one to go back down .

"Doing a Fulham" is more wishful thinking on their part than anything .

I am still worried. We obviously had to buy a new team and that's been done rather well so far. But we still have to get the team to develop new relations and gel in the space of 4 weeks before we start up in a much better league. So yes I am nervous. Anything, but relegation is a huge success in my book. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

9 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Don't be nervous . Our sun will eventually die, rendering all human endeavour meaningless.

Success for me would be having our games shown first on MOTD so I can go to bed.

12 billion year plan Xi said.

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

I hate to p*** on the communal bonfire here, but that second one was scored off an indirect free kick and doesn't count. Either he didn't realise this when he attempted it, or it was a failed cross.

I'm still excited by this guy, but we shouldn't get carried away.

I don't even understand why it's indirect. It looks a clear foul to me rather than obstruction.

Good to know the standard of refereeing in Turkey is keeping pace with the championship. 

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Look who features in the ML position 👀

Oh Jordan Ayew Is best rate for forward, wow.
we should go get him, oh wait he were ex-aston villa average forward, flop for us which he suppose be great striker...be fair on him he is play off the position in occassion. i am change mind not thanks - i prefer maupay even kodjia over him.

Back to topic: Trezeguet, still come there which i don't want him come.. (breath in and out) yet be fair on him i think he is good option for back up to El Ghazi and Jota for come on from bench and make impact when opponent tired, or counter attack place - jota. 

Football is entertainment. This guy goes past people for fun. That's box office, even if it goes tits up a lot.

Remember when Ashley Young first joined us? Everytime got the ball wide you could feel 40k inhaling and then rise to their feet in expectation. You need at least one player like that. A bit of X factor.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Really excited about this lad, it’s a gamble but one that could really pay off and I’d much rather sign someone like this than some 28/29 PL journeyman.

Every day of the week, filling the squad full of last contract players leads to situations that are terrible and we know all too well from our recent past. Buying 10 young players with potential means you can afford for some to fail, as the one's who make it pay for the rest and for the next round of investment.

Aside from the resale and the financial side, the fact that Smith and his coaches are identifying a need for players like this (as opposed to only Jota types - technically excellent but not unpredictable and exciting) is great IMO. Gives us more as a group in both options and personality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Football is entertainment. This guy goes past people for fun. That's box office, even if it goes tits up a lot.

Remember when Ashley Young first joined us? Everytime got the ball wide you could feel 40k inhaling and then rise to their feet in expectation. You need at least one player like that. A bit ox X factor.

We've got Jack too, Wesley might chip in with the odd magic moment I hope. Be very interesting to see what Smith can mould out of this group. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Reputable source??

No idea. I generally think most overseas reporting better than the majority of British football journalism.

Would roughly tie in with the time scale that was being suggested elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

Â