Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

There's a Skyscum thread on FB about this. Full of couch potatoes all saying "Fulham 2.0".

Know nothing pricks.

I read somewhere that there have been 6 teams who have spent over £50M immediately after promotion and Fulham were the only one to go back down .

"Doing a Fulham" is more wishful thinking on their part than anything .

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I watched highlights of one game and he dove so badly twice at one time the ref seemed embarrassed to have to officiate on it. 

Oh come on! The guy posted a big write up of full games he'd watched him and that's the rebuttal? I'm not an advocate of diving but that can be excluded from his game. 

4 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Oh come on! The guy posted a big write up of full games he'd watched him and that's the rebuttal? I'm not an advocate of diving but that can be excluded from his game. 

I'd posted a few posts earlier am I not the only one convinced by his highlights. This follow up post was specific to AFCON. Actually I generally avoid responding to TLDR posts because often I only want to respond to a small excerpt and that may fly over some people's heads

Edited by Kiwivillan

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'd posted a few posts earlier am I not the only one convinced by his highlights. This follow up post was specific to AFCON. Actually I generally avoid responding to TLDR posts because often I only want to respond to a small excerpt and that may fly over some people's heads

Yes, I read that post too but it's hardly a majority opinion of his highlights. A good number of people can see attributes that look applicable to the Prem. Pace, power, directness along with a bit of quick feet and thinking too. 

The guy watched 4 full games and gave a decent overview of his thoughts. This forum is full of coherent, intelligent posters who can read a few paragraphs. Discussion is encouraged on here rather than a TLDR attitude that's seen elsewhere. 

If you're worried about replying to longer posts going over some posters heads then you can always cut the point you want to address or put it in bold so it's relevant. 

I just didn't think a line about him diving in highlights of an AFCON game held as much heft as the overview of someone who watched all full games of his in the AFCON. 

Incidentally, one thing that did show up on his domestic season highlights was that he actually tried to stay on his feet a lot when he could have gone to ground for an easy free kick. 

• Like 1

Players can always change it up, diving for one team where one manager/coach may even suggest such things to there players doesn't mean that kind of behaviour transfers over to his new club. In fact I'd put a bet Smith and co will state that kind of thing is a no no, that's if they see it as a thing like some are doing on here it seems.

Also let's Look at it like this, we were in a league last season where it was rife with that sort of behaviour, yet we refrained from it unlike other clubs who simply abused such technical fouls and dives. I  can understand to a certain point, put simply there won't be no need for such a thing in the premier and the talent is needed not the deceit some leagues need because they are so desperate to be at the highest level they will do anything to gain it.

The championship required such things, however I'm glad we didn't do diving and other things that do make the game look bad. There are those manager and coaches that do tell there players to go right ahead and cause chaos instead of playing the game as its meant to be played. Glad we're away from it which eans players like Grealish and those creative, technical players can play the game without being took down.

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

Yes, I read that post too but it's hardly a majority opinion of his highlights. A good number of people can see attributes that look applicable to the Prem. Pace, power, directness along with a bit of quick feet and thinking too. 

The guy watched 4 full games and gave a decent overview of his thoughts. This forum is full of coherent, intelligent posters who can read a few paragraphs. Discussion is encouraged on here rather than a TLDR attitude that's seen elsewhere. 

If you're worried about replying to longer posts going over some posters heads then you can always cut the point you want to address or put it in bold so it's relevant. 

I just didn't think a line about him diving in highlights of an AFCON game held as much heft as the overview of someone who watched all full games of his in the AFCON. 

Incidentally, one thing that did show up on his domestic season highlights was that he actually tried to stay on his feet a lot when he could have gone to ground for an easy free kick. 

I usually do but sometimes I'm lazy and in this case inebriated

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

Close up id say he was el ghazis height, infact maybe a little smaller but a little more built, he was all smiles anway exciting times for the villa 

El Ghazi is 6'2 so that seems unlikely? He is listed at 5'9

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’ve read the last 2 pages of this thread and am none the wiser.

Has this moved any further along in the last couple of days?   Are we closer to signing him?

Is he really at the airport?

According to skysports.com, we’ve agreed a fee

46 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

According to skysports.com, we’ve agreed a fee

More importantly according to John Percy we have agreed a fee. Most reliable journo covering Villa. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Players can always change it up, diving for one team where one manager/coach may even suggest such things to there players doesn't mean that kind of behaviour transfers over to his new club. In fact I'd put a bet Smith and co will state that kind of thing is a no no, that's if they see it as a thing like some are doing on here it seems.

Also let's Look at it like this, we were in a league last season where it was rife with that sort of behaviour, yet we refrained from it unlike other clubs who simply abused such technical fouls and dives. I  can understand to a certain point, put simply there won't be no need for such a thing in the premier and the talent is needed not the deceit some leagues need because they are so desperate to be at the highest level they will do anything to gain it.

The championship required such things, however I'm glad we didn't do diving and other things that do make the game look bad. There are those manager and coaches that do tell there players to go right ahead and cause chaos instead of playing the game as its meant to be played. Glad we're away from it which eans players like Grealish and those creative, technical players can play the game without being took down.

I must admit.....I will be glad to see the back of poor standard referring.

10 hours ago, omariqy said:

That second goal!! 😳

I have said before that I wasn’t fussed about this guy, however if the reported deal is true that’s very clever business and well worth a punt. I can’t see Andre green producing anything like the skill in those clips anytime soon if at all. 

10 hours ago, omariqy said:

I hate to p*** on the communal bonfire here, but that second one was scored off an indirect free kick and doesn't count. Either he didn't realise this when he attempted it, or it was a failed cross.

I'm still excited by this guy, but we shouldn't get carried away.

10 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Funny how no-one talks about huge investments in a club as "doing a Man City" , or Wolves for that matter.

Because it worked presumably.

To be fair the first time I heard the phrase 'doing a Fulham' was her on Villa Talk!

• Like 1

Â