Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

16 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Jota won’t be a starter initially. He was bought to build up the squad, could turn out a very good signing  

I think Smith sees Jota as every bit a potential starter. I also think we need competition to have a chance this season. So I think both these signings are very good moves. Exciting times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I still maintain he looks buggar all like David Trezeguet, which is apparently why he has the nickname?

His nickname apparently came from some people saying he "scored goals like trezeguet", nothing to do with looks afaik.

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that he will be playing wide left instead of El Ghazi before too long and he'll own that position. 

I base this purely on the fact that he can take players on and beat them whereas El Ghazi struggles to do that consistently. 

Imo opinion what you said about el ghazi is wrong whilst he only had 1.2 successful dribbles per game i believe that is because once he got past the full back which he did with regularity he was often isolated with a player close behind him and the centre half knowing which way he has to go. You could see this very clearly against Derby where he got past Vogel 4 or 5 times but keogh always was there to tackle him because el ghazi didn't have option it was either dribble it I it a corner or go to his right which keough could easily anticipate. I hope wesley, Grealish and target will provide more support than he got last season. Remember he had Neil Taylor as his attacking partner now the winger will have to stay with target freeing el ghazi up more. 

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Just as an aside, saint-maximin is being linked with palace and Newcastle. 

I am sure Newcastle is the perfect club right now for his skills 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Our “secret weapon” is, in my view, the fact that all these guys who can take a man on mean it’s going to be very very hard for Teams to double up on Jack.

We saw last season if people tried that it released McGinn and El Ghazi.....this Season there could beat least one, maybe three more threats of a similar nature.

In our “League of 14” nobody else has a “ Jack” that can take advantage of a single marker in the way he can. 

Very exciting.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that he will be playing wide left instead of El Ghazi before too long and he'll own that position. 

I base this purely on the fact that he can take players on and beat them whereas El Ghazi struggles to do that consistently. 

I think you may be intoxicated. El Ghazi can drive past players like they are not even there. I also think he is more two footed from what I have seen, which is admittedly not much, and he can cross the ball with both feet. Something I haven't seen Hassan do in fairness. He has plenty of pace and trickery and although struggled when he first arrived he has proven to be up to the physicality of English football. Anyway I think Smith will rotate and we may even see Anwar down the right side quite a lot throughout the season. Hopefully this new lad provides the width down the opposite side to Anwar and we have a balanced, pacey threat down both sides. I do see Jota as more of the back up to Jack in the centre as I think that role will suit him much more than out wide right to often.  

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

I think you may be intoxicated. El Ghazi can drive past players like they are not even there. I also think he is more two footed from what I have seen, which is admittedly not much, and he can cross the ball with both feet. Something I haven't seen Hassan do in fairness. He has plenty of pace and trickery and although struggled when he first arrived he has proven to be up to the physicality of English football. Anyway I think Smith will rotate and we may even see Anwar down the right side quite a lot throughout the season. Hopefully this new lad provides the width down the opposite side to Anwar and we have a balanced, pacey threat down both sides. I do see Jota as more of the back up to Jack in the centre as I think that role will suit him much more than out wide right to often.  

I can see El Ghazi becoming a consistent prem player by the end of the season. He has all the attributes and seemed to improve as the season went on. I think his attitude and work rate are great, he just needs to track back a little more for me. But he does seem to look to receive the pass early and break before the defenders have had time to re-organise, so I can see why he tends to stay a little further up the field.

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

El Ghazi used to play on the right but we've mainly used him on the left, I imagine the same will occur with Trezeguet but on the other side and like you say with El Ghazi being both footed, they can switch flanks if we need. It's an exciting prospect. 

• Like 1

Egyptian guy on another forum I'm on who watches all national team games says this about him:

" Very good player. Electric, pacey and good dribbler. His finishing in front of the goal is very, very frustrating but it can improve. Salah was a terrible finisher at one point. "

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Happy with this. We're in need of a pacy option on the wing. Think it will be a good signing for playing on the counter attack.

This. We have been trying out for an outlet like that. And I think we will need it now more than last season. Our possession football will be challenged by meeting much better teams. 

Ultimately most of us know nothing about hun, but the most important bit is that we get players in and players Deano wants. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â