Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Can't argue for under £9m. That's pocket change for any Premier League club nowadays and if he's shit we won't pay more than that. 

If he's great it'll cost us a bit more but would have been worth it. Good business, hopefully he does the business. Welcome Trezeguet!

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

John Percy does seem to know what he’s talking about so this one sounds done. 

Great news. We’ve got a mini Salah for not much money :) 

Based on other posts I'm not the only one concerned by his highlights

• Like 1

Looks quite physical from the YT videos. Usually the reason wingers fail to settle is because of the physicality of the leagues - think AEG actually said this about his first 6 months?

Good option for under £10m - we’ve clearly been tracking him and scouted the games in AFCON. 

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Based on other posts I'm not the only one concerned by his highlights

He looks fantastic in those I've seen, a very direct, dominant player. He will suit our system well*

*Based on highlights, which aren't the best way to judge a player. But his are at least where we need them to be. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I wonder if our profile will be high in Egypt with 2 Egyptian players and an Egyptian owner.  Could tap into some income streams there? 

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I watched him in all four games that Egypt played in the AFC tournament.

The first three were qualifying games and he was the stand out player. I was particularly impressed with his first touch, and his ability to play his way out of tight situations which demonstrated very good technique.

His pace and passing ability were eye catching, and his firmly struck carpet balls to Salah were excellent.

The fourth match was in the last sixteen against South Africa and he was marked out of the game.

The South Africans had done their homework, they said after the match that they realised the way to beat Egypt was to isolate Salah by doubling up on Trezequet and having a player in his face for 90 minutes.

Premier Teams wont be able to prioritise Trezeguet in a potential midfield of Grealish, McGinn, Douglas, Elghazi, Jota etc.

He may need time to settle, but I think he'll fit well with Dean Smith's intended fluid attacking football.

Wesley will love the same supply of zippy balls to feet from Trezequet that Salah depended on in the AFC!

I watched highlights of one game and he dove so badly twice at one time the ref seemed embarrassed to have to officiate on it. 

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that he will be playing wide left instead of El Ghazi before too long and he'll own that position. 

I base this purely on the fact that he can take players on and beat them whereas El Ghazi struggles to do that consistently. 

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I watched highlights of one game and he dove so badly twice at one time the ref seemed embarrassed to have to officiate on it. 

you keep saying that but he never received any yellow cards for diving in the entire tournament

• Like 1

I think I'm more excited by this signing than any other we've made so far, a tricky direct winger with an eye for a pass - whats not to like?

35 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that he will be playing wide left instead of El Ghazi before too long and he'll own that position. 

I base this purely on the fact that he can take players on and beat them whereas El Ghazi struggles to do that consistently. 

Quick fact check - 1.2 successful dribbles per 90 last season, despite an admittedly naff first half. Grealish was at 1.7. 

Trezeguet - 1.9

It's all about options. All four (El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Green and Jota) will bring different skills to the table and how we combine them week by week will be interesting to watch. 

• Like 1

Â