Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

10 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He never does. That's why he himself doesn't look bad. He just gives so much room to the attacker to exploit which makes our other players look bad. Then he flaps his hands to no end when we're scored on again.

Yep it worked for him when we had Mings because Mings literally got on the end of everything or could cover enough ground to make up for when Konsa made mistakes. 

Not a good performance from him.....first goal stood off his man and allowed him into the box.

Worst was to come, 2nd goal, played the man onside and then stuck his arm in the air appealing while trying to recover, which he nearly did. If he keeps his arm down he gets back to cover that player but he chose to play linesman instead, dreadful  tbh. It's harsh because I'm sure he didn't have the energy to recover but its not the first time I have seen him waving his arm in the air while the games going on around him,  needs to cut it out.

He’s dropped off massively, like Gerrard era levels.

He’s had a good season though and clearly like everyone else he’s hit that wall. Hopefully just an end of season blip. 

• Like 2

I was banging the drum for him to make the England squad for ages and when he got the call up it was thoroughly deserved. 

But even with my Villa bias I’m not convinced he should go to the Euros because his form since that call up with us has been well below par. Maybe he’s been told he’s already made the squad, I don’t know, but he’s not playing like someone who is trying to make the final squad.

I think it will be Stones, Maguire, Guehi and one more. Dunk has been worse than Konsa so I don’t think it will be him, Southgate doesn’t like Tomori, but maybe Dier or Branthwaite will be the 4th central defender. Konsa did play well in the march friendlies so maybe he’ll still sneak in, but Branthwaite probably deserves it more.

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

He’s dropped off massively, like Gerrard era levels.

He’s had a good season though and clearly like everyone else he’s hit that wall. Hopefully just an end of season blip. 

Fatigue is a big issue. He’s played over 4,000 minutes this season. However, getting some of the basics wrong is a concern no matter how fatigue factors in. 

• Like 1

I thought he was our worst player last night. Don't know what has happened to him but wouldn't be surprised if he misses out on the Euros after recent performances. Is he carrying a knock or is his confidence just low?! Looked slow and was far too casual throughout the game. He's had a pretty good season but it's seriously tailed off the last month or so. 

Â