Jack Butland

alreadyexists

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

We should be signing a big player

I thought you said height wasn't an issue? :trollface:

Joking aside, I agree. Steer isn't PL quality.

37 minutes ago, av1 said:

I thought you said height wasn't an issue? :trollface:

Joking aside, I agree. Steer isn't PL quality.

7 foot 1 or he’s not worth it

Can't link as on phone.

But villa view basically said they thought the butland deal was 95% done a couple of weeks ago, then last minute stoke changed the goal posts on the fee, and villa basically said STFU.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Can't link as on phone.

But villa view basically said they thought the butland deal was 95% done a couple of weeks ago, then last minute stoke changed the goal posts on the fee, and villa basically said STFU.

Unless they did it by fax i don't believe it :trollface:

I don't get the Heaton link at all - £7m with no sell on value. Short term signing to add to our bloated goalkeeping department and we won't see a penny back.

We arguably have three other keepers who should be vying for the number one spot (forgetting whether any of them are good enough at the moment) and they cost around £10m and could be sold for circa £15m (assuming getting money back on Nyland and Kalanic and £4/5m for Steer). Buy for the future (like Butland) and use the likes of Sarkic as reserve (yes, I know he's now on loan). 

I'd rather just stick with what we've got than buy yet another stop gap keeper. Personally I'd sell two of our keepers and then INVEST the rest in Butland - even if he does cost £20m. Net spend of circa £10m but you'd get a fair chunk of that back, possibly even a profit.

• Thanks 1

If we sign Heaton for 5-7m and let Kalinic move on for similar I think that's a job well done. Hes 33 yes but hes a keeper and will see us with a steady pair of hands for 1-2 years.. 

Butland now is gonna rot at stoke and then move on once his contract runs down unless another prem team comes in for him. Shame really as I'd of liked to see him at villa but we cant be having our pants pulled down when theres options..

5 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

If we sign Heaton for 5-7m and let Kalinic move on for similar I think that's a job well done. Hes 33 yes but hes a keeper and will see us with a steady pair of hands for 1-2 years.. 

Butland now is gonna rot at stoke and then move on once his contract runs down unless another prem team comes in for him. Shame really as I'd of liked to see him at villa but we cant be having our pants pulled down when theres options..

He is the perfect age for a keeper.

I remember Shay Given playing a blinder for us under Sherwood in some games. He was what 38?

Heaton is in his prime and if we move one of the GK's out for around the same fee Heaton has cost then it will be superb business done imo.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

If he's too expensive, or Stoke are dicking us about, then get Heaton. He's a lot better than what we have already.

We can go back and get Butland next year for a lot less in any case!

3 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

If he's too expensive, or Stoke are dicking us about, then get Heaton. He's a lot better than what we have already.

We can go back and get Butland next year for a lot less in any case!

I think this is exactly what is happening 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Could be gamesmanship to get Butland.

If the reports are correct, and we're very close - I don't think it's gamesmanship. Very close for me would be past the stage of agreeing a fee, and probably finalising personal terms and either having done or having arranged the medical.

Putting in a low offer for Heaton and leaking it to the press would be gamesmanship. Messing another player around would be very wrong in my opinion, and I would hope my club wouldn't do such a thing. 

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

and use the likes of Sarkic as reserve (yes, I know he's now on loan)

I don’t think I’d risk a rookie keeper as back up when premiership survival is on the line...

one injury and its game over.

I'm so sure that Butland is better than Heaton based on the last three or so seasons at their respective clubs. Also not signing Butland means we're not helping small heath out financially for anyone who cares about that kind of thing.

Edited by useless

Â