Jack Butland

alreadyexists

12 hours ago, av1 said:

Yet that manager who got us promoted is seemingly now keen to replace him aswell, 

To be fair, Dean Smith has just handed Steer a 4yr deal. I find it surprising how quickly some ppl forget match winning saves/performances that Steer put in. It was Steer who pretty much got us through the playoffs with his saves, and he was also a major factor in a win at Sheffield Wednesday. He didn’t make any major mistakes between January and May that I can remember. Without being a World beater, he’s a very capable GK that I’d have no qualms about starting with in the Premier League 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

To be fair, Dean Smith has just handed Steer a 4yr deal. I find it surprising how quickly some ppl forget match winning saves/performances that Steer put in. It was Steer who pretty much got us through the playoffs with his saves, and he was also a major factor in a win at Sheffield Wednesday. He didn’t make any major mistakes between January and May that I can remember. Without being a World beater, he’s a very capable GK that I’d have no qualms about starting with in the Premier League 

We just released a whole host of players whose contract had expired ... and rightly so .. he earned his new contract but from the clubs point of view it was also about protecting an asset rather than letting him go on a free next summer ... Danny ward went to Leicester for £12.5million as Schmeichel’s back up.. Rather than get zero for Steer we can now get £7/8mill Perhaps next summer.. 

2 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

He very nearly cost us promotion with a mistake that Mings bailed him out of. 

He deserved a new contract and he deserves to challenge for a place. 

But sorry I really don’t think he’s good enough for the premier league. The fact that we’re clearly interested in a first choice keeper would suggest Smith agrees. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Remind me?

Tried a short goal kick that went straight to a baggies player who shot and Mings cleared it off the line. 

That would have put them through

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

I can't remember exactly what happened, but I'm sure that in his first 3 games he made a few big errors, but luckily they didn't cost us and eventually got forgotten about.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tried a short goal kick that went straight to a baggies player who shot and Mings cleared it off the line. 

That would have put them through

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that.

He had a few dodgy distribution moments in a 10-15 minute period that were giving me palpatations.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

Who blinks first on this, us or Stoke? That’s how this seems right now. I reckon it could still happen. We are most likely looking at throw loads of add ons which are putting stoke off. Unless we loan him with the option to buy? Paying a big fee up front for the loan. FM mode😂

• Like 1

I still think and hope that this will happen. As I have previously stated, he wants the premier league and Stoke probably want him off the wage bill. How many PL teams are in for a new GK? Answer........not many. How many of those have their training ground close to the city of Lichfield where he lives........? Waiting game in play!

Randolph is one who has been crap every time I've watched him. People often talk about him as one of the best in the championship tho. I must see all his bad games.

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Randolph would be a decent signing if we were still in the championship. 

Not for the premier league though, imo

I’m sure Steve Gibson would love to do business with us as well .... It would mean taking some of our “FFP dodgy £££”

Steer is about on a par so pointless signing and clickbait lazy journalist link ... 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Strange that @TrentVilla closed the Heaton thread but this one has been kept open 🤔 Even though all the recent press has been we are no longer interested (apparently) and have moved on .... hmmm .. I wonder 🤔

I closed the Heaton one as there was a direct quote from Burnley’s manager saying there has been no contact, if the same comes from Stoke the same will happen. Nothing more to it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I closed the Heaton one as there was a direct quote from Burnley’s manager saying there has been no contact, if the same comes from Stoke the same will happen. Nothing more to it.

Blimey Trent, if we only had threads for players that we’ve made contact with, we wouldn’t have many threads!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Steer could "possibly" be good enough, but if you offered me someone of clear and obvious talent, who would be a level above, i would take them in a heartbeat, this isnt the time for Nostalgia, now is the time for planning to stay in this league.

This is a very good point, yet all I see at this forum are people fawning over championship players like Konsa. 

Â