Jack Butland

alreadyexists

we should go back in for him in Jan or at the end of the season (greatly reduced price ofc :)), his contract runs out in 2021, could even wait till then and get him on a free? (if he would come to us on a free)

I know he has made some errors, but he's a good keeper, i reckon the Villa deal falling though when he prob thought it was done, looks to have badly impacted him i reckon, he was their player of the season last year, i would bet money that his head is gone currently.

I know we have Heaton, but he's 33 and would be good to have two quality keepers challenging for the no1 spot.

Another absolute horror.

For anyone who didn't see though he scored the 5th penalty in the shootout then watched Leeds hit the post and lose. Takes some stones to say OK to the pen the form he's been in.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Another absolute horror.

For anyone who didn't see though he scored the 5th penalty in the shootout then watched Leeds hit the post and lose. Takes some Stones to say OK to the pen the form he's been in.

If anyone knows how to get the ball in the goal, it's him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 5 weeks later...

He was always just a solid keeper to me, and now he has degenerated into a farce. Some keepers seem to have some sort of genetic concentration disease that can kick in at any point and turn a once good keeper into a shite one. We're seeing it with De Gea, Courtois, Joe Hart and Lloris, it happened to Casillas as well, Butland is currently going through it. Fair to say we dodged an enormous bullet.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Even for the first one, look at the defenders just slowly moving in to the path of the ball, getting in their keeper's way, but not even challenging for the ball.

https://streamja.com/Wy9M

It's always going to be considered a keeping balls up when you come for the ball and don't win it, but his defenders are worse than useless.

Â