Jack Butland

alreadyexists

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

We've seen how many points keepers can cost you in both Gollini and Nyland in recent years.

Steer will be absolutely battered by shots and crosses in the PL, and we dont want to learn a third of the way through the season that he's not quite good enough.

exactly this

I don't know if Butland is the answer but if we don't sign a new number 1 then we will be in a lot of trouble next season  , if Butland is the answer than pay the £25m and scrimp somewhere else

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Sure it's Stoke who choose how much he costs.

Not really - this will be two seasons running he has been priced out of a move due to a truly ludicrous valuation. Last year it was £35m I believe.

A good agent gets his client the move. He burns bridges and royally pisses the club off but he gets the move.

52 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Heaton isn't the keeper he was, he's on a decline.

Kalinic and Nyland aren't trusted, Sarkic is on loan. We need a dominant keeper for the Premier League, Steer is a decent back up in my opinion.

Butland will leave Stoke, so Villa "ending official interest" is a kick up the backside for them.

He played very well for Burnley when he came back in the team over xmas last year. Stats back that up with them conceding hatfuls under Joe hart and then pretty much overnight went back to being very difficult to score against.

Would be happy with him coming in.

• Like 1

butland is a step up from steer and kalinic. if we can't get him we stick with what we have IMO. i dont see heaton being better than either kalinic or steer

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not really - this will be two seasons running he has been priced out of a move due to a truly ludicrous valuation. Last year it was £35m I believe.

A good agent gets his client the move. He burns bridges and royally pisses the club off but he gets the move.

I'm still sure it's Stoke who choose his value!

Still think this isn’t closed. I think we’ve probably told them an offer as our final offer and Stoke said no so we have leaked this.  

Puts pressure on Stoke as player says they want to leave and if Bournemouth have only offered 12m then are they serious/able to pay the higher fee.  If not then we are the only serious player and losing out on 20m and having an unhappy player isn’t good.

Also pressure on Butland to push the move his end because he could be stuck, unhappy at a club.

If that is what we are doing then good move by Villa. Or we could just have another option or even a GK we otherwise wanted has now become available who wasn’t available before.

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Still think this isn’t closed. I think we’ve probably told them an offer as our final offer and Stoke said no so we have leaked this.  

Puts pressure on Stoke as player says they want to leave and if Bournemouth have only offered 12m then are they serious/able to pay the higher fee.  If not then we are the only serious player and losing out on 20m and having an unhappy player isn’t good.

Also pressure on Butland to push the move his end because he could be stuck, unhappy at a club.

If that is what we are doing then good move by Villa. Or we could just have another option or even a GK we otherwise wanted has now become available who wasn’t available before.

I just don't think we are in the market for a £20m keeper.

If and its a big 'if' - we sell Kalinic for around £5m - we might go £10m for a replacement.

I don't ever think we were in for Butland.

As someone said earlier we should try for a loan, say for arguments sake £8 mill fee this summer with an obligation to buy next summer for an additional £18-20 mill ... maybe throw in one of Nyland /Davies/Greene/RHM/Bree on loan as a sweetener as can’t see any of them getting consistent game time .. 

41 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Heaton is an excellent goalkeeper. Think some people will be pleasantly surprised if we get him

Completely agree, would be the equivalent of the Friedel signing for me. I'd be very happy to sign Butland but if we could get Heaton for a fraction of the price then that would be my preference.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Would burnley let heaton leave?

Contract thing I think. 

1 year left and wants his retirement contract. Which is a concern of signing him, think he has eyes on huge bucks.

He's got great command of his area and is solid most other department. Footwork average.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Would burnley let heaton leave?

Pope must be back from injury surely and kept Heaton out before injured. Hart was signed because other 2 injured start oid last season

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We wouldn't have got promotion without Steer

Or Whelan. Things change. I don't think either is good enough for the Prem.

• Like 1

Â