Jack Butland

alreadyexists

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Randolph is one who has been crap every time I've watched him. People often talk about him as one of the best in the championship tho. I must see all his bad games.

Rabdolph isn't an upgrade on Kalinic or Steer

• Like 1

I think there is still a chance that Butland will move to Villa.

My reasoning goes along the lines of:

• He definitely wants to move to a premier league club as the England manager has stated he needs to if he is to continue being considered for England.
  • He has lived around the area for a long time now so from a personal point of view you would think that Villa were a good fit
  • Villa need an upgrade in the goalkeeping department (much as I appreciate what Steer did for us, good managers are also ruthless when they need to be)
  • Stoke seem to have already bought his replacement.
  • Besides Bournemouth which who are rumoured to have tabled a £12m bid (just over half the amount Stoke are meant to be demanding) who else is after him? Bournemouth are better established than Villa in the premier league but it would mean moving and Villa are a bigger club.

So the issue is all about the fee - here the deadline might help everyone to finally agree on what his real value is. Stoke need him off their books by the deadline and he is only going to move somewhere he wants to go. Part of the problem is how much of the fee is going to BCFC. I think this might rumble on for a bit longer until the pressures of the transfer deadline help everyone to come to a conclusion. You would think Butland would want that to be Villa.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is having an absolute mare.

From the rumours it seemed personal terms were signed with us and the move was virtually done until stoke raised the price at the last second which caused the deal to fall through.

Do wonder if his head is in the right place?

Bullet dodged ! I was pro Butland before but glad we got Heaton even though I was underwhelmed at the time ... 

I bet they are regretting **** us around and not selling him to us .... they’ll be lucky to get £12million for him now on his form so far this season and he can kiss his England squad place goodbye ... 

Text from Sky Sports app:

The first was bad, but this is an absolute shocker from Butland.

Bodin hits a shot straight down the middle of the goal from around 25 yards out that Butland should save easily.

However, he dives to stop it and the ball squirms underneath his body and goes into the net to put Preston further in front.

• Haha 1

Â