Jack Butland

alreadyexists

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can hardly call him their No.1 when Hart and Heaton featured more than he did.

He missed the season with dislocated shoulder and signed new 4 year deal in May 

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Why does it feel most players I mention who I would have liked us to go for suddenly get contract extensions at their clubs?!

Weird. :huh:

Because you’re a football visionary Andy, but your timing is rubbish 😋  

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Steer isn’t a Premier League number 1. We need a new keeper. Butland or no Butland

Is he a keeper who can be part of a team that get us 4th bottom next season ? - I think he is.

I think we will get a new keeper but will only be spending around £10m - so don't think Butland was ever an option.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Is he a keeper who can be part of a team that get us 4th bottom next season ? - I think he is.

I’m not sure he is, no. 

Keeper is a hugely important position. We should be signing a big player there. 

The spine needs to be where the signings are made. We’ve addressed striker and centreback. I hope gk and cm will be next

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Reports we’ve bid 7m for Heaton. I like Steer but think a more experienced keeper like Heaton would be a sensible move.

Heaton now is worse than Steer 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I think we will get a new keeper but will only be spending around £10m - so don't think Butland was ever an option.

I'd rather we had a keeper that I thought was good enough to be part of a team aiming for at least the Top 12.

Are all foreign keepers too shit for the Premier League or something?

Why are our only options English keepers for either 30 million, or old injury hit keepers with good past records?

Surely for the mentioned figures, we could get a good deal elsewhere?

**** Then again, I guess Nyland and Kalinic say hello.... lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If he wants to leave so badly he should put in a transfer request to force the move through... still think this may happen before the window slams shut. Stoke haven’t spent any money as of yet so obviously have FFP concerns .... I hope we can structure a bid in a way that we pay less this season as a loan fee with the rest as an obligation to buy next summer throwing in a loan player to soften the blow like Davies, Nyland, RHM or Lansbury.... Simples (if only) 

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If he wants to leave so badly he should put in a transfer request to force the move through... still think this may happen before the window slams shut. Stoke haven’t spent any money as of yet so obviously have FFP concerns .... I hope we can structure a bid in a way that we pay less this season as a loan fee with the rest as an obligation to buy next summer throwing in a loan player to soften the blow like Davies, Nyland, RHM or Lansbury.... Simples (if only) 

Very rarely happens in today's football.

Transfer request = forfeit of all loyalty payments.

• Like 1

Â