Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I like Keinan but Wes is the better player. One has played for Brazil, the other for Biggleswade Town.

A 4 minute cameo in a exhibition game without a lot of the big names and with no domestic players called up.

Still counts but I imagine there are probably 30 or so attackers ahead of him for Brazil when they pick a serious squad

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I understand your reservation, but i have seen enough in his 128 mins the the prem to convince me that he has better footballing attributes than Wesley, bar finishing, such is the stark contrast between the relative positivity of Davis' plan, and the relative poorness of Wesleys.

I am not saying either are pl quality, just that on evidence, Davis is the more complete player.

See that’s where I’m the complete opposite way around on this.  Amazing how opinions can differ so much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

A 4 minute cameo in a exhibition game without a lot of the big names and with no domestic players called up.

Still counts but I imagine there are probably 30 or so attackers ahead of him for Brazil when they pick a serious squad

Harsh saying 30 or so attackers,he got chosen obviously for a reason despite the circumstances.  A bet Davis is not in England’s top 30 just to compare. 

24 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I like Keinan but Wes is the better player. One has played for Brazil, the other for Biggleswade Town.

To be fair on Keinan he is yet to start a game for us in Premier League this season. He may or may not have improved as a player. He's cameos suggest that he has

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Harsh saying 30 or so attackers,he got chosen obviously for a reason despite the circumstances.  A bet Davis is not in England’s top 30 just to compare. 

OK I'll rephrase. There is easily 10-15 (probably close to 20 if there is no U-23 games at the same time) attackers who need to be missing before he gets picked for a competitive game. And even then there are likely as many players around him in quality who could get picked instead of him.

Obviously I'd be delighted if he came back from injury and played at a level where he was continuously picked for Brazil.

I’m looking forward to seeing Wes up front with Samatta next season in the Championship, they will score a shed load of goals. 

Also looking forward to a midfield of McGinn, Luiz, AEG and Benrahma behind them.

👍🏻

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Not a hope in hell of getting benrahma if we are relegated, especially given brentford are in the playoffs and might be taking our place.

Why? Unless we get relegated and they take our place...otherwise why not?

What would be his motivation?  Swap a champ team on the rise for a pl team in decline?

I'd also wager, if we got a bid accepted there would be 5 or 6 pl teams in for him too, so why would he choose a sideways step to us over a move to the pl?

The only way he comes here is if we stay up, and even then, at what hed costs, theres better value to be found.

12 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

What would be his motivation?  Swap a champ team on the rise for a pl team in decline?

I'd also wager, if we got a bid accepted there would be 5 or 6 pl teams in for him too, so why would he choose a sideways step to us over a move to the pl?

The only way he comes here is if we stay up, and even then, at what hed costs, theres better value to be found.

If we are in the same division, then it's clear he would choose us.  You cant compare Brentford with Villa even if we were relegated.  Unless they were in a division higher than us, otherwise if that was his only choices then he would pick the Villa.  It's like chalk and cheese in differences between clubs.

There maybe other clubs in for him but they'll be at our level.  The big clubs wont be touching him, he's not that level so if we stay in the PL it will just be a choice.  If we are relegated then that obviously changes the stakes out of our favour but again it will depend who spends the money on him.  I think we'll only be back for him if we sell Jack unfortunately.

Edited by nick76

23 hours ago, nick76 said:

Why? Unless we get relegated and they take our place...otherwise why not?

If we go back into the Championship and start spending 20 million pound on players like Benrahma, which is likely the fee Brentford will be looking for, then we can safely say the club has not learnt from any of its previous mistakes.

If we stay up I would hope we go for him.

38 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

If we go back into the Championship and start spending 20 million pound on players like Benrahma, which is likely the fee Brentford will be looking for, then we can safely say the club has not learnt from any of its previous mistakes.

If we stay up I would hope we go for him.

Haha Villa learn from previous mistakes....it’s not in our nature.

• 4 weeks later...

I know some will say "players get better when they're not playing". but I genuinely think we've looked a much better team with him playing. He worked channels far more than our strikers which opened up more space. 

Think he's a better player than many on here give him credit for. But I've always held that opinion. 

• Like 1

Â