Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Wes looks world class now compared to the two today and the service he was getting.

Also shows the unfair critism some of our players get, wes gets absolutely slated week in week out when he was playing however samatta has done absolutely nothing since coming in but doesn't get half the hassle. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Think he's a better player than many on here give him credit for. But I've always held that opinion. 

Me too mate. 

Some of the criticism on here was a joke. 

I'm sure I remember one plum suggesting Bjorn Engels up front instead. He isn't the finished article yet, but still comfortably the best striker at club.

2 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Also shows the unfair critism some of our players get, wes gets absolutely slated week in week out when he was playing however samatta has done absolutely nothing since coming in but doesn't get half the hassle. 

He went 13 games without scoring a goal before Burnley.

Dunno why this is getting bumped now, he was shit before lockdown and probably will be sold on at the end of the season. 

Players perceived quality always seems to increase compared to the amount of time that they don’t play for the team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Clean slate when he comes back. 

If we survive we need to sign a new striker. If not, wesley should be good enough to the championship.

I thought he was good enough for PL mate. People defend Davis because of the shit he's got behind him, yet Wesley still managed 5 goals. 

I don't think it's a coincidence either that Wesley's style of working the channels coincided with McGinns best performances. 

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

Dunno why this is getting bumped now, he was shit before lockdown and probably will be sold on at the end of the season. 

Players perceived quality always seems to increase compared to the amount of time that they don’t play for the team.

He wasn't shit at all. He's twice the player of either Davis or Samatta. 

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He went 13 games without scoring a goal before Burnley.

During that stretch we played the top 7 and the top 7 defensive teams ayes he could have done better in the other games but in 3 if them we were played off the pitch which isn't his fault. 

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

I thought he was good enough for PL mate. People defend Davis because of the shit he's got behind him, yet Wesley still managed 5 goals. 

I don't think it's a coincidence either that Wesley's style of working the channels coincided with McGinns best performances. 

I'm not sure. 

Think it would be a huge risk going with him as our main striker again. Especially after this injury.

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure. 

Think it would be a huge risk going with him as our main striker again. Especially after this injury.

The injury is a big concern granted mate, and given his age I wasn't sure going with him as our main striker was particularly clever either. 

But on talent alone he certainly is promising. And even after the arrival of Samatta, I still think he's the best at the club. 

I think Samatta will score in championship, Davis won't score at any level, so going into the championship next season I'd be happy with Samatta, Wesley, and 1 other. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure. 

Once he is fully fit he will have learned the language better, learned how to better utilise his strength, learned how to better recognise opportunities hopefully done a david villa and learned how to kick the ball with his left foot during injury.

We also won 6 with him and one without him. If that isn't the biggest tell of how important he was to us I don't know what is. (although it could signify how important Heaton was to us - but up until Wesley's injury we were like 7th in the league in goals we are 11th now) 

3 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

That’s not glowing praise. If we double them, we get about half a striker

Edit

Edited by av1

Wesley showed glimpses with occasional good performances like Everton  Norwich  man United arsenal and then Burnley happened.  The real Wesley arrived.  We could have done with one more striker to help him on the training field and start some games instead of him. As I have said if he didn't get injured he would be on 12-14 goals now with about 6/7 assists. False 9 is his position. 

Edited by Sulberto21

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Wesley showed glimpses with occasional good performances like Everton  Norwich  man United arsenal and then Burnley happened.  The real Wesley arrived.  We could have done with one more striker to help him on the training field and start some games instead of him. As I have said if he didn't get injured he would be on 12-14 goals now with about 6/7 assists. False 9 is his position. 

Against Burnley he made their defenders look like toddlers do of course Ben ****ING mee cripples him. 

Edited by MotoMkali

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Wesley showed glimpses with occasional good performances like Everton  Norwich  man United arsenal and then Burnley happened.  The real Wesley arrived.  We could have done with one more striker to help him on the training field and start some games instead of him. As I have said if he didn't get injured he would be on 12-14 goals now with about 6/7 assists. 

I'd be surprised if he did that. That's currently around where the likes of abraham and Rashford are. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'd be surprised if he did that. That's currently around where the likes of abraham and Rashford are. 

It would have meant doubling his overall tally. He's currently on 6 overall for the season including Cup games. 

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

During that stretch we played the top 7 and the top 7 defensive teams ayes he could have done better in the other games but in 3 if them we were played off the pitch which isn't his fault. 

I just don't see Wes as a number 9.

Â