Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

53 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Red card worthy? I’d hate to be a defender if so

Similar one by cresswell in the west ham game last night. Initially given a red, vsr checked it and gave a yellow. I dont think mee's tackle was a red, but definitely a yellow and a fk. Cannot believe the ref or var did nothing. Incredible.

27 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Similar one by cresswell in the west ham game last night. Initially given a red, vsr checked it and gave a yellow. I dont think mee's tackle was a red, but definitely a yellow and a fk. Cannot believe the ref or var did nothing. Incredible.

I’d sooner hand out a red for Cresswell than I would for Mee. Cresswells was studs up and feet off the ground, seems a lot more reckless than Mee’s which seems more forceful than uncontrolled.

Such a grey area for referees as VAR can only intervene if it’s to give a red card and if the ref is blowing for a foul there it’s usually a red card or not a foul at all. Rarely if ever see yellows given there. 

1 minute ago, The Hawk said:

I’d sooner hand out a red for Cresswell than I would for Mee. Cresswells was studs up and feet off the ground, seems a lot more reckless than Mee’s which seems more forceful than uncontrolled.

Such a grey area for referees as VAR can only intervene if it’s to give a red card and if the ref is blowing for a foul there it’s usually a red card or not a foul at all. Rarely if ever see yellows given there. 

Glad Mee didn't get a red we might of lost against 10 men

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

The only saving grace is that at least it didn't happen on January 31st .

At least now we have time to try and find replacements.

Downside is that any deals we were already negotiating just got a lot more expensive...

3 minutes ago, sne said:

The only saving grace is that at least it didn't happen on January 31st .

At least now we have time to try and find replacements.

Fairly certain we'd be in for a striker anyway given Wesley's output not being up to scratch. But this might change the focus/ scale of the investment we will make.

I'm far more concerned about Heaton. I don't think replacing Wesley will be that difficult, replacing Heaton will be very difficult and we have shite options in reserve.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/andrew_raeburn/status/1212693347183267840?s=19

Seen this from a few different sources. Needless to say this is the biggest January window since the Darren Bent one. We have to get this right. 

Edited by Rightdm00
I have no idea how to embed a tweet on here.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Fairly certain we'd be in for a striker anyway given Wesley's output not being up to scratch. But this might change the focus/ scale of the investment we will make.

I'm far more concerned about Heaton. I don't think replacing Wesley will be that difficult, replacing Heaton will be very difficult and we have shite options in reserve.

I'm absolutely certain we were, hence why I put replacements rather than replacement.

If we were in for 1 striker and 1 wide player before we are likely after 2+1 or 1+2 now.

Heaton will absolutely be a huge miss, hopefully Nyland can remain the much improved version of himself we've seen his last few outings 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Have to say, if the injury is that bad he didn't appear to be in excruciating pain, he's a tough bastard.

That's exactly what I was thinking during the game. Honestly I didn't start worrying til I saw the pictures of the tackle. He look so calm. 

When I tore my ligaments I would have cut my leg off if given the choice. It hurt that bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Have to say, if the injury is that bad he didn't appear to be in excruciating pain, he's a tough bastard.

If I'd had my leg forced apart sideways at the knee by some neanderthal clearing in the woods, I think I'd be screaming in agony. Bouma style.

Hats off to him if he was able to keep his head in that situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking during the game. Honestly I didn't start worrying til I saw the pictures of the tackle. He look so calm. 

When I tore my ligaments I would have cut my leg off if given the choice. It hurt that bad. 

At first I thought he was doing his usual and was perhaps looking to waste some time. I got a bit more worried at the stretcher but again he can be pretty dramatic at the best of times so even then thought he had the sort of knock that has finished him for the game but he'll be back soon. 

Then I saw the pictures...

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

which is ironic given the agony he appears to be in when he barely gets touched!

hoping the rumours are BS...seemed like we had a system that suited him

Silver lining is hopefully this forces the club to move for another striker in the January window.

I'd like to think they would have been anyway, but this should make it a priority

Â