Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

32 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

But among all the strikers in the league (at least outside of the top 6) he arguably has the most potential. He can be unstoppable against any defender, is quick, good build up play and great instinctive finishes. He just needs to learn how to use his strength in this league so he wins more free kicks and gives away fewer and how to head the ball and we will have a proper player on our hands. If he makes any improvement next season he is instantly worth 35 million and if he hits 10-15 goals and 5 assists he would be worth 50. 

I would heartily disagree with that assesment as he's so short of fundamentals. Game of opinions of course.

If the club see it your way they should definitely keep him yes. 

He'll be playing in a much better side (hopefully) next year so perhaps better players around him can bring something out of him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fair enough, if that’s the case. Either way, I don’t rate him that highly but we’ll see what happens. Hopefully he comes back a man possessed. 

(Please don’t tell me we can’t sell Samatta either..)

Sell anyone you want but avoid doing it at a loss! That’s why there are so many loans these days to kick the lower value sale down the road...

43 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Being pushed in the back and the ref not giving it because of his size. He still hasn't learnt how to fully use his size and strength to his advantage but when he does the only defender who I think could go toe to toe with him in terms of strength is VVD. Zouma for instance said mina is stronger than him and Zouma is a brick shit house and Wesley made him look like a child several times against Everton.

Furthermore he will have had more space in the Belgian league so big touches would have gone unpunished. An easy fix but one that takes time to adapt to. 

All big ifs though. The kid is as soft as butter. Was embarrassing watching him get thrown around like a rag doll by alderwierald and sanchez opening day of the season and whinging and he reverted back to that a few times too before his injury.

57 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

But among all the strikers in the league (at least outside of the top 6) he arguably has the most potential. He can be unstoppable against any defender, is quick, good build up play and great instinctive finishes. He just needs to learn how to use his strength in this league so he wins more free kicks and gives away fewer and how to head the ball and we will have a proper player on our hands. If he makes any improvement next season he is instantly worth 35 million and if he hits 10-15 goals and 5 assists he would be worth 50. 

That might be the craziest thing I've read on here.

• Haha 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Excerpt from Douglas Luiz latest interview.

Funny that, anyone feel Wesley deserves the same chance and/or might have been going through the same thing?

Yep I do, looking forward to seeing him next season.

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Funny that, anyone feel Wesley deserves the same chance and/or might have been going through the same thing?

I expect he was struggling with plenty yes. New language, country, club, team. None of it is easy. 

It showed on the pitch with Wes much more than it ever did with Luiz. Including when Doug was attempting a suicidal dummy outside his own area 5 mins into his home debut.

Hope he comes back and takes it back to basics, that's where he needs to start off.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Do we know how our deal was structured, was it a flat £22m deal or where there clauses, installments and conditions?

There are always installments. 

It was another way Xia screwed us.  He sold on the future installments of the players sold (at a loss) to keep us solvent.  Also sold all future catering profits as well.  That's why we were staring at oblivion.  Money to pay out and already cashed the money to come in. 

Edited by sidcow

IMO opinion he is another Heskey, he has it all, can do it all , But doesn't  do it. He doesn't get into the box or into a receiving position. Some one of a lesser price with more heart may do better. Sell him and take the loss

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wesley spoke English fluently. Watch his first interview with the club 

11 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Why would you ever sell a physical freak. All it takes is for them to develop even a quarter of an average athletes technical ability and they will already be on par with them. Would Ronaldo even be half as good as Messi is if he wasnt the fastest player, strongest player and most athletic player 90% of the games he was in. No.

Edit: To clarify you would sell them if they have proven over multiple seasons they don't have it in them to take the next step and develop with your club. You don't cut ties in the first season. 

Even worse, we would be cutting ties after half a season. I cant believe people would consider selling. 1. He scored goals, not loads but some (our other strikers do not). 2. He played half a year in a largely brand new team. 3. Hes young and still developing

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He didn't speak English fluently. It was stilted and a preprepared interview done by a villa interviewer. He almost certainly was not fluent at the time. 

52 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

EDIT: The first interview was in Portuguese, but there's an interview with him after the Arsenal game in September when he speaks good English. Yeah I don't think the language is a problem for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYaN7pHrO7w&list=PLJdyosTCLVrL-cKyhbqrS1nhBdURjf5NP&index=17&t=0s

He's our best striker for sure. We missed him—I imagine he might look better with some improvement with the other players in attack.

Edited by Rolta

Â