Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

I think he has a lot of weaknesses for premier league football and his finishing looks average at best. He scored in 4 games of football, not sure that is enough to say someone is a good finisher. 

On the one hand, I'd like to see him develop but on the other, if the board are serious then Wesley is a squad player at best. If we can improve on him then getting some money back would be smart. 

If we sign 2 forwards and he sits on the bench all year, he'll be worth even less next summer. 

• Like 2

I would happily sell him for £13m if it means getting in two new first-team ready strikers.

Wes could possibly turn it round, but he's got so much to improve on and that's after he's mentally over his knee.

If I was him I would never ever sign for Lazio. Perhaps the most racist fanbase in a league with plenty of openly racist fanbases. Stay and prove your doubters wrong here Wes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Strangely wouldn’t be against this - would want more money though 

Don't forget for reasons that aren't exactly clear we overpaid for Wesley. - £13m would represent a loss - but I would seriously consider that offer. Imo he just doesn't look suited to the English game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Surely he wouldn't get through a medical while recovering from a knee injury like his.

We signed Stuart downing while he was injured 

You don't pass / fail a medical it's just a report the club then decided if to proceed or revise the bid downwards.

Think this story is highly unlikely to lead to anything imo.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I would happily sell him for £13m if it means getting in two new first-team ready strikers.

Wes could possibly turn it round, but he's got so much to improve on and that's after he's mentally over his knee.

If I was him I would never ever sign for Lazio. Perhaps the most racist fanbase in a league with plenty of openly racist fanbases. Stay and prove your doubters wrong here Wes.

Yeah why uproot your life that you were just getting started to play in front of Nazio fans. Hard pass.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah why uproot your life that you were just getting started to play in front of Nazio fans. Hard pass.

Flip side would be CL football and living in Rome I guess.

• Like 1

Wouldn't sell him for less than we paid.  I believe he will be worth a lot more in the future.

There is a player in there I'm sure. Some players are never the same after a serious injury. Others come back hungrier and mentally stronger! I reckon Wes will come back stronger. Not a player that relies on explosive pace and power so once he is confident in the knee, and regains his fitness and sharpness he will be a better player.

Will need till January or February to get up to speed though. So all you Wesley haters will probably have a field day until then at least! 

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The bloke has been nothing short of crap but I wouldn't be selling anyone at a loss now. We dont need to.

Time we stopped being easy rides.

I don’t get you here, rodders. You think he’s crap, but you wouldn’t sell at a loss? Do you expect us to turn a profit on someone who, in your opinion has been largely poor, and is coming back from one of the most serious injuries a professional footballer can sustain? 

For fear of sounding like our resident Leeds fan - Villalad, I’ll shy away from the hyperbole but I just don’t rate him. I want him to succeed but I can’t see it and I would take a loss right now if it meant we could sign Watkins and say, Edouard. 

Our sporting director was sacked for a reason and that’s because the players he signed - Wesley, Nakamba, Trezeguet etc. - have all been underwhelming. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t get you here, rodders. You think he’s crap, but you wouldn’t sell at a loss? Do you expect us to turn a profit on someone who, in your opinion has been largely poor, and is coming back from one of the most serious injuries a professional footballer can sustain? 

For fear of sounding like our resident Leeds fan - Villalad, I’ll shy away from the hyperbole but I just don’t rate him. I want him to succeed but I can’t see it and I would take a loss right now if it meant we could sign Watkins and say, Edouard. 

Our sporting director was sacked for a reason and that’s because the players he signed - Wesley, Nakamba, Trezeguet etc. - have all been underwhelming. 

If Lazio want him they can pay the money we paid otherwise we will keep him. Play hardball for once in our lives. He isnt on stupid money.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If Lazio want him they can pay the money we paid otherwise we will keep him. Play hardball for once in our lives. He isnt on stupid money.

I don't even know if the bid is real but if it is a thought to throw in the hat is that we'll never get an offer this big again.

Depends how the club see him.

In this market where we are looking at Watkins for £ 20 million I wouldn't sell Wesley at a loss methinks. Not because I think he will come good, but I'm tired of other clubs taking advantage of us. If they wanna go £ 22 million, get rid. If they think they can get him on the cheap, feck off. Some how he miraculously got an international cap so that's another line in the sales pitch. 

Despite what I or anyone else think, there's still a chance he'll develop and become an asset for us. So selling him for peanuts to a CL outfit would be absolutely nuts. 

50 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Not a player that relies on explosive pace and power so once he is confident in the knee, and regains his fitness and sharpness he will be a better player.

It's not like it's physically possible to be slower than he already was. My dead grandma has more urgency about her. 

Â