Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Be interesting if someone offered us the money we paid for him what we would do?

Personally if we had a decent replacement lined up I would be happy to take the cash and try again. 

Of course he might improve but equally he might be worse post injury. Either way I didn't see enough there to suggest he was going to turn into a big hit. 

Getting our money back would be decent business I reckon. 

I'd be OK with a straight swap for Immobile or Sergej Milinković-Savić :D 

No way is Lazio spending that amount of money on a player who is injured and might miss half the season (no I have no insight into his recovery process but I have a feeling he might be quite a bit away from match fit sadly)

I would not be looking to sell him at all. If we can bring in 2 better players then sure. But I think he's worth holding onto for another year, I feel he has a lot more to show.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 4

Lazio is certainly looking for a striker, in the event of the sale of Caicedo they would become 2. Mayoral is a deal in the pipeline, the negotiations with Real Madrid go on on the basis of 15 million euros. In the last few hours, however, Wesley has also appeared again . The Brazilian tip has been on Tare's list for two years already. The former Brugge, now at Aston Villa, has had an unhappy season. Twenty-one appearances and 5 goals, then in January the rupture of the cruciate ligament. It is recovering, it could be ready between September and October.  It costs 15-17 million euros . He enjoys the esteem of Tare. The British aim for Liverpool's Origi, Wesley can be really sold. Lazio awaits and evaluates.

https://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/calcio/calcio-mercato/2020/08/07-72557879/lazio_caicedo_verso_l_addio_e_in_attacco_rispunta_wesley/

Google translated from Corriello dello sport

39 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Reading twitter rumours that lazio want him. 

Fkn hate how Italian clubs structure transfers. It's like " we'll pay you 2 million now and the other 18 over 6 years " Obviously Rome is appealing to any player, even David Silva taken a bit of a wage cut to go there. Wesley for Milinkovic Savic. Can't say fairer than that 😊 Ah but if a deal could be done to suit all parties. They'll never pay us 20 million or anything close to it, up front. Realistically someone like Correa thrown in would be good.

Lazio have been following him for a while and he was a target for them last year. Apparently Igli Tare is a fan.

Found this scout report on him in regards to Lazio from last year. Not sure I would choose Miroslav Klose as the guy to compare him with thou  :D 

Wesley Moraes: the Brazilian warrior

Play-style

Wesley Moraes is by no means a conventional forward. Standing at 1.91m (6ft3in) he is a real aerial threat. Watching footage of Wesley reminded me of how Miroslav Klose played. Klose, a favourite player of mine, combined elements of the target man with traits of the poacher. This meant that he was an excellent aerial threat but, with quick decision making, was able to easily poach on close range goals.

Wesley is extremely similar. His height makes him a constant aerial threat in the box, able to glance headers towards goal; or down for his teammates to pounce on. Despite his height, he is well balanced and relatively strong; able to hold off challenges from defenders both from crosses and in more open play.

https://thelaziali.com/2019/06/13/scout-wesley-moraes-lazio/

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Aerial threat? We've seen none of that.

Yeah aerial threat is defo bollox. It's his weakness

His finishing is actually quite good though

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I'd take 13m. I'd snap their hands off at 10m tbh. It's a helluva deal.
He has been largely poor. Comically poor at times showing very few attributes to suggest he would make it at this level long term. If someone wants to offer us £13m for a dud who is coming back from a long term cruciate ligament injury, then get the f*** in.

Cut our losses. I don't rate him and I'd much rather have Watkins and another striker if this helps fund the deal. 

(Appreciate this may be an unpopular opinion with some)

• Thanks 1

Â