Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

I absolutely can't believe it. You get this inconsistency in international football selection though. Jack playing out of his skin and better than almost all the midfielders in the squad doesn't make England, up and down Wes gets into Brazil squad.

Bit of a shame it didn't come off the back of him bagging a hat-trick v Wolves. Hope he uses this as motivation.

33 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It's not "nothing but potential" though, is it? He's already won two matches for us.

On the flip side, his lack of hold up play has also contributed to us conceding and dropping points in at least one match, its just harder to measure it. The way we play, we don't really restrict our opponents all that much, that should've been clear to see in the Norwich match and why both sides were conceding chances like crazy, because we both play like that. In this style of play, Wesley is vital to us because he  is the main source of relieving pleasure off of the defence, by holding the ball up the pitch when we get it up to him. His failure to do so leads to the balls going back into our half again and again, for an attack and another and this I do think is the main reason why we're conceding so many goals. Our backline isn't particularly leaky, its just been subject to massive pressure by the opposition and under prolonged pressure, people make mistakes and Wesley should also take some of the blame for failing to do this role. 

Lets assume Wesley has won us 2 games, but at the same time his inability to hold up the ball has cost us at least one game(I think this number can be anywhere really, who knows how many less goals we would've conceded if Wesley wass actually good at holding up the ball and relieving the pressure from the defence, plus you got to add the chances he would've gotten had he successfully hold up the ball and brought it up the pitch).. So net-wise, that's really only one game he's won for us out of 11. Good strikers win more games for their team than that.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Try google and YouTube. 

I can’t find any good Drogba goals from his Ligue 2 days, why not share your links instead of being passive-aggressive?

Edit: Have to say I am surprised at his Brazil call-up though, haha.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m obviously delighted for him but also worried that our one striker is now off on international duty...... 😕

Still can only be good for his confidence!

I know Kodjia hasn't come off well in his appearances this season, but acting like he doesn't even exist is pretty mean.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I know Kodjia hasn't come off well in his appearances this season, but acting like he doesn't even exist is pretty mean.

Well Davis as well - I guess I meant our one striker who has started a PL game! But you are right. Kodj an international as well...

Just to remain on the negative path .... Mings got called up - effected him negatively ... I don't think it can ONLY be positive for him. If he's down on confidence, then yes, but I don't think that's the case with Wesley.

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Well Davis as well - I guess I meant our one striker who has started a PL game! But you are right. Kodj an international as well...

Davis still injured though? If Wes picks up a knock we look more than lightweight up front, we'd only have Kodija. Can we recall RHM?

28 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Davis still injured though? If Wes picks up a knock we look more than lightweight up front, we'd only have Kodija. Can we recall RHM?

Recalled just for you 😉

15733769354890011.thumb.jpg.1c134f8d13497ffbfd881ccfadef178a.jpg

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

what is this wizardry?!?!?!

International call ups can come to early sometimes, not sure how I feel about this! On recent form does he deserve a call up to the senior Brazil side? If this is where Brazil are at as a team well.....

Not like some mugs in the Brazil squad either 

FW Roberto Firmino 2 October 1991 (age 28) 42 13 England Liverpool
  FW Gabriel Jesus 3 April 1997 (age 22) 37 18 England Manchester City
  FW Richarlison 10 May 1997 (age 22) 17 6 England Everton
  FW Rodrygo 9 January 2001 (age 18) 0 0 Spain Real Madrid
  FW Wesley 26 November 1996 (age 22) 0 0 England Aston Villa

• Like 1

At least Brazil will be no threat to us at the next World Cup :trollface:

I don’t mean that, I hope Wesley takes some confidence from this and plays out of his skin today. Knowing the Brazilian coaching team may be watching might just make him work harder. Hopefully. 

Also, if he can learn a few tricks form the other strikers while on international duty,  that would be nice. 

Â