Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think we've actually got an out and out striker in the U23 squad. 

Which in itself is a little worrying we should have potential for all positions being developed.

Edited by zab6359

On 30/10/2019 at 07:43, KenjiOgiwara said:

And this is exactly the problem. Being poor in 8/10 matches isn't delivering. It's failing. 

His goals are decent with 4/10, but 2 of them was against a injury hampered Norwich side. It's just a bit fortunate for him that his goal ratio atm. saves him, cause his performances indicate he should be on the bench.

You don't have a squad in football just for injuries. They are there to rotate when performances drop. And Wes should be rotated out, there's no doubt about that. 

personally, I would suspect Dean Smith has seen his technique against Norwich and Everton and thought he has more about him in front of goal that Keinan.

I am not sure Keinan, would have made that run and finish for Jota's through ball......consistency in young players is sparse, because they are trying to put all the pieces together, to become a complete player, Wes still has much to do as does Keinan, not necessarily the same improvements required.

I suspect Dean thinks the more games Wes gets, the quicker he will become the player, we all want him to be.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/11/2019 at 20:41, KenjiOgiwara said:

Trez would be a far better option. He actually has the physique to cope. And he is direct with pace. El Ghazi might be a better finisher, but lacks almost everything else. 

Hey!....ElGhazi is 6'2 and Trez 5'11

now I know its not the be all and end all.....but your comment is questionable, if you don't mind me saying.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

now I know its not the be all and end all.....but your comment is questionable, if you don't mind me saying.

Maybe that's why I said physique and not height. Just a hunch. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

Agreed ridiculous to suggest trez is built better for a striker

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

El ghazi weighs 12kg more than trezeguet is 3 inches taller and is less fat. El ghazi weighs 90kg for comparison wes weighs 93 kilos. 

According to transfermarkt El Ghazi has played sixteen games in his career as a centre-forward, scoring five goals and getting one assist. But unless we have an emergency I don't think Smith will either him or Trezeguet up front for us, as it seems he doesn't like play players out of position, in fact I think he spoke about it when he first joined the club, for the same reason I don't think we'll ever see Hause chosen at left-back ahead of Taylor.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

El Ghazi is easily the more gifted athlete. Bigger, taller, stronger, faster etc. Just from looking at him, Trez looks like someone you'd see at your local 5 a side.

35 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

El Ghazi is easily the more gifted athlete. Bigger, taller, stronger, faster etc. Just from looking at him, Trez looks like someone you'd see at your local 5 a side.

I'd have my doubts on him being faster, but definitely bigger and taller and most likely stronger.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Agreed ridiculous to suggest trez is built better for a striker

El ghazi weighs 12kg more than trezeguet is 3 inches taller and is less fat. El ghazi weighs 90kg for comparison wes weighs 93 kilos. 

I disagree on that from watching them play. Trez has the ability to brute force his way past a player I've never seen El Ghazi show. Added to this Trez works his socks off chasing, to a much larger degree than what El Ghazi does. Interesting people see it so differently mind. Maybe balance and strength and even heart is a component here. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

On Saturday's showing, El Ghazi is the better winger, and if it came to it would make the better striker. Worked just as hard for the team if not more than Trez.

And if we're talking about blowing by players with sheer pace and strength, just compare the time both players tried to take on Jordan Henderson. Only one of them left him to eat their dust. The other one was caught up and dispossessed.

On 07/11/2019 at 22:41, KenjiOgiwara said:

I disagree on that from watching them play. Trez has the ability to brute force his way past a player I've never seen El Ghazi show. Added to this Trez works his socks off chasing, to a much larger degree than what El Ghazi does. Interesting people see it so differently mind. Maybe balance and strength and even heart is a component here. 

I’m sorry, I just can’t agree with this at all.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Helenus says hi too and Bowery just walked past.... 

Grant Holt standing still and Gary Penrice.  Both awful strikers for us.   Finally, after a very promising debut, Carlton Cole was very poor. 

Â