Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Came to see what people thought about him being called up to the Brazil squad.

But all I'm seeing is the same circular arguments.

Rate him or not, I can't understand how it seems some fans are almost annoyed about the call up.

Should only be a positive surely?

You know how some people are

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not like some mugs in the Brazil squad either 

FW Roberto Firmino 2 October 1991 (age 28) 42 13 England Liverpool
  FW Gabriel Jesus 3 April 1997 (age 22) 37 18 England Manchester City
  FW Richarlison 10 May 1997 (age 22) 17 6 England Everton
  FW Rodrygo 9 January 2001 (age 18) 0 0 Spain Real Madrid
  FW Wesley 26 November 1996 (age 22) 0 0 England Aston Villa

Meh.

Dear Lord how far Brazil have fallen from previous generations. It's sad really.

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Came to see what people thought about him being called up to the Brazil squad.

But all I'm seeing is the same circular arguments.

Rate him or not, I can't understand how it seems some fans are almost annoyed about the call up.

Should only be a positive surely?

I think everyone are agreeing it's a good thing. 

As much as people complain on this site about players ability, the biggest moaners are by far people making up cases of people not giving players credit, when it's almost always untrue. 

On a serious note, I mentioned in the summer that having Douglas Luiz here would be good for Wesley’s international chances as he’d be seen regularly. 

Fantastic opportunity for him and he must be delighted. Hoping for one of his better showings today! 

This also probably means we owe Brugge more money. The price of success!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Not like some mugs in the Brazil squad either 

FW Roberto Firmino 2 October 1991 (age 28) 42 13 England Liverpool
  FW Gabriel Jesus 3 April 1997 (age 22) 37 18 England Manchester City
  FW Richarlison 10 May 1997 (age 22) 17 6 England Everton
  FW Rodrygo 9 January 2001 (age 18) 0 0 Spain Real Madrid
  FW Wesley 26 November 1996 (age 22) 0 0 England Aston Villa

Richarlison and Jesus are younger than Wesley?

Anyway, this call up shows what we're up to. I don't think anyone would have thought that we'd get Brazilian players, now they're getting called to the national team through us.

When you think of it,

Mings, Heaton (potentially Jack) for England.

Potentially Engels for Belgium.

Luiz, Wesley for Brazil.

I didn't mention McGinn, Elmo, Trez, Nakamba, Kodjia, Hourihane or whoever as their national teams are average. But when you have 6 players that could be within the best national teams in the world then thats definitely a good sign. It shows that our scouting team doing a fantastic job!

• Like 1

Brazil league are playing during this international break so no domestic players in this squad. (one of the keepers thou apparently)

That said still nice for him to get a call up as he's not been part of any of they youth squads for Brazil.

Must do wonders for his confidence and also shows potential signings for us that coming here might lead to a call up for the national side.

Now all he has to do is play a blinder so he can keep Neymar, Everton, Neres, Barbosa, Vinicius and the rest out of the squad :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Meh.

Dear Lord how far Brazil have fallen from previous generations. It's sad really.

Yeah that forward line is only worth about £200 million in the transfer market not including Neymar, Everton or Douglas Costa

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Copa America holders of course.

Another young lad derided by VT not so long ago, Adama, also got called up by Spain this round of internationals.

Its been what, 5 years tbf. Adama has improved a lot since then and whilst I don't remember what was the consensus here on him, I'd find it hard to believe that people didn't all agree he had bucket loads of potential.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

9 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Its been what, 5 years tbf. Adama has improved a lot since then and whilst I don't remember what was the consensus here on him, I'd find it hard to believe that people didn't all agree he had bucket loads of potential.

Will have to bump up the thread again but many were tipping him just to fade into obscurity and go and play in MLS or something (this was even when he was improving under Pulis at Boro). So many were taking delight in him not scoring a goal or making an assist.

Will be a key battle, him and Targett today.

Â