Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Starting to worry a little now.  Wesley should be a project where we can remove him from a game here and there or sub him earlier.  Problem is we should have bought another striker in the summer to compete with him and we didn’t for whatever reason.  January signing is key. 

11 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Amazing that we went from trying to sign Abraham to actually signing Wesley, I mean they could not be more dissimilar. 

Thinking of how good we would be with Tammy up front makes me a bit sad.  The fact that Joelinton, Haller and Wes cost about £100m between them and only scored 9 goals shows just how hard it is to buy a good striker nowadays.

I actually thought he worked hard today. Still played like absolute crap like he has for most of the season, nothing today was new or unexpected. Looks like he can't play football.

Didn't know Maupay was £17m ffs. Thought he was over £20m. What's the justification for signing off on Wesley but not Maupay from Dean and the team? With the market the mess it is, busts are now very expensive.

He's not got long before January. If we sign anyone even average he won't start another league game this season.

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I actually thought he worked hard today. Still played like absolute crap like he has for most of the season, nothing today was new or unexpected. Looks like he can't play football.

Didn't know Maupay was £17m ffs. Thought he was over £20m. What's the justification for signing off on Wesley but not Maupay from Dean and the team? With the market the mess it is, busts are now very expensive.

He's not got long before January. If we sign anyone even average he won't start another league game this season.

But isn't working hard bare minimum ?. If that's we are hanging our hat on we are in a spot of bother. He's just not that good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

But isn't working hard bare minimum ?. If that's we are hanging our hat on we are in a spot of bother. He's just not that good.

Oh yeah it is, but he's had moments this year when he's wandered around not looking interested. He didn't do that, which is good. He was still really crap, which is bad.

Well, good news is understat listed him as the most likely to score a goal among our players for once if you looked at his expected goals this game. Although its a sad state of affairs when our striker being the most likely to score a goal among our players for once can be considered "good news".

I personally agree with this, I thought all things considered he was the most likely to score out there and actually had 2 chances where he could've possibly made something out of it. As opposed to previous games where he didn't do anything in front of goal.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Â