Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Didn't Drogba not even score over 10 goals in a season til he was 24/25? Players develop at different rates. 

I'm sure Drogba's overall play was much superior to Wesley.

I'm yet to hear what Wesley actually excel at. Other than a tap in goal every 3 games i have no idea what his strengths are.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, villalad21 said:

I'm yet to hear what Wesley actually excel at. Other than a tap in goal every 3 games i have no idea what his strengths are.

I seem to remember him being quite shit when he first joined Chelsea. 

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

When Drogba was Wesley’s age he was a bit-part player at a Ligue 2 team.

Wesley has lots of room to improve, agreed. It would be nice if we had other striking options, agreed. But give it a rest with the tiresome writing off of a player who is settling into a new country, a high standard and not even close to his potential. It’s as silly as the idiots who thought Tammy Abraham wouldn’t ever be good enough for the Premier League because he didn’t do well for Swansea as a kid. 

• Like 4

On 07/11/2019 at 18:20, villalad21 said:

El Ghazi has got good movement.

Can see him doing a job as a CF if we get really unlucky with injuries.

The fact that he is a poor header of the ball considering his height is disappointing though!

I would welcome an improvement in ALL our players heading ability.....only Mings and Engels show any competence imo......We are weak aerially and i think it hampers us when we are trying to gain territory or scoring opportunities from crosses.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Nice to be able to agree with you on something......I’m not sure on what those who think Keinan is a bigger threat are basing their views at all.

I don't hold it against you Terry.....lol.

its called perseverance😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

When Drogba was Wesley’s age he was a bit-part player at a Ligue 2 team.

I am not writing him off. But if you look at Drogba's early days football it's clear he's on another planet relative to Wesley. So lets not use this comparison. 

Get a new striker in January and hope Wes develops enough to get his place back. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

The main arguments against Wes has never been goals. It's been that he generally offers very little. It's like we're playing with 10 men at times. 

As our midfield is rather good a 1/4 ratio is okey if the rest of the game is up to scratch. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

This just proves that you are absolutely full of it. There's literally been pages of discussion on this, with people responding to you on this at length, and you're pretending you haven't heard anything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am not writing him off. But if you look at Drogba's early days football it's clear he's on another planet relative to Wesley. So lets not use this comparison. 

Get a new striker in January and hope Wes develops enough to get his place back. 

Show me the footage of Drogba at Wesley’s age that you I are referring to please. I will very happily watch some old Ligue 2 goals on a quiet evening. Although not sure how you could use it to compare to a player playing in the PL!

Edit - agreed I think we need another good striker in the squad.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I would welcome an improvement in ALL our players heading ability.....only Mings and Engels show any competence imo......We are weak aerially and i think it hampers us when we are trying to gain territory or scoring opportunities from crosses.

What about Guilbert? I think he’s strong in the  air

It seems that Wesley is becoming a bit of a scapegoat on here already. I see a lot of potential in him, he has shown it in short bursts here already. Give him time and he’ll come good, it’s very rare that strikers just hit the ground running when they’ve joined a new club. I think he’s done well for us and will  continue to improve 

• Like 4

I'm not sure I've seen much potential personally.  He seems to have a bit of physical presence, but that's about it.  No real pace, doesn't appear overly skilful, is woeful in the air, hasn't got a great shot on him.  Not been impressed so far, and it's hard to see what he's got in his locker that's going to ignite him into a decent premier League striker.

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It's not hard to see he has strengths, he just has to use them and move past his weaknesses that he's displaying. When Wes had that period against Liverpool where he was chasing the ball down and the fans were going wild, you can more than see that Wesley is trying to develop a new style of play. Wes certainly  doesn't look like the player he was in his videos for his old club, he looks as though he's trying to remake himself and that's ok. Wes does have to find a way past the parts of the game that are making him frustrated, the bits that end up with him on the floor and the kodjia like play where he goes missing and stops fighting for the ball.

I've seen in every game that Wes is trying alot of new things  and at times his link up play has been nice. So to has is unselfish behaviour been a nice bit of play, there have been a few occasions he could of gone for goal yet played it off to his teammate. While he has gotten frustrated at some players, there have been some that just couldnt handle him, he does have a strength where he could terrorise defenders, he just need to realise it more and do that.

I think people need to support him more, don't understand why not, he's our player and we should be offering all the support he can grab. There have been those fans that are or have been so against Wesley being our striker. Some of the things that have been said by fans in other media sites are uncalled for, point blank he's a villa player and untill those behind putting him in the team and stop seeing him as our first striker, stop supporting him as our lone striker, we should also be behind him 1000%.

I'm just waiting for Everton Wesley to start coming out more frequently. That guy was unplayable. I don't expect a 22 year old to find that kind of consistency at that level this soon, but if we can even see Norwich Wesley more until the end of the season it would be £22m well spent.

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wesley is in his 5th season of professional football.

After 5 seasons of professional football, Drogba was 24 years old and had 18 professional goals - most scored in Ligue 2.

Wesley is only 22 and already has 46 career goals.

I agree with you that he needs more time to develop, and a January striker signing isn't a bad idea at all. But he really isn't doing as badly as you're implying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Show me the footage of Drogba at Wesley’s age that you I are referring to please. I will very happily watch some old Ligue 2 goals on a quiet evening. Although not sure how you could use it to compare to a player playing in the PL!

Edit - agreed I think we need another good striker in the squad.

Try google and YouTube. 

the negativity is getting boring and predictable, I agree we need more striker options and hope we sign someone in Jan, but Wes is doing ok, could he still do even better? Yes, would I expect him to be doing better than he is currently based on his age, lack of premiership experience and where he has come from, not really.

• Thanks 1

Â