Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

You know what, people (Myself included) talk shite about him.

However today, more than ever, you realise he basically has to be playing as a bloody midfielder to try and help something happen ffs!

How TF is he supposed to so a strikers job?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

There have been plenty of games where he has been detrimental to the team.  I still think there is a lot of potential with him but the key with players who are developing is knowing when to leave them out.  Problem is we can't do that really with the other personnel in the squad.

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’re gonna have a great time on this site until we play Newcastle. Worse thing is we’ve got an International break too 😫

You think i'm enjoying this?

I'm not bashing him to troll. I genuinely think he is an awful footballer.

January will be massive. We have to do something.

• Like 3

He's a flawed player still getting up to speed with a much more tough league in a weak side. We absolutely shouldn't be relying on him and it's obvious we still don't really know how to play with him. First half today he was on a hiding to nothing as we just couldn't make anything. Second half he showed flashes of his ability, but not really where we needed him. He used to play as a midfielder and you can kinda tell, he likes to drop back more than a striker really would.

We really **** up not getting someone else to carry the burden.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He's a flawed player still getting up to speed with a much more tough league in a weak side. We absolutely shouldn't be relying on him and it's obvious we still don't really know how to play with him. First half today he was on a hiding to nothing as we just couldn't make anything. Second half he showed flashes of his ability, but not really where we needed him. He used to play as a midfielder and you can kinda tell, he likes to drop back more than a striker really would.

We really **** up not getting someone else to carry the burden.

Spot on. 

5 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

his chance today said it all, no control in his game when it matters, 

could have been 2-2 in the end , maybe its a blessing..

DS must bring in a striker in jan, 

It wasn't an easy chance but he made it a lot harder for himself. He had more than enough space to take a touch before shooting.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It wasn't an easy chance but he made it a lot harder for himself. He had more than enough space to take a touch before shooting.

thats the difference.. their goal was took with control, 

hand on heart i dont see the quality in wes to delivery at this level

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Disappointed in villa talk. No one really passed the ball to him so of course he struggled. Constant blaming and scapegoating of him is ridiculous. Poor passing to him hardly his fault. 

What about that time someone passed the ball to him with acres of space and he blasts the ball off target? What about that time someone passed the ball to him for a tap in and he isn't able to reach it before the Wolves defender? The man actually had service this time, not sure how many times he has to fail before you start to think maybe the fault lies somewhat on him?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

What about that time someone passed the ball to him with acres of space and he blasts the ball off target? What about that time someone passed the ball to him for a tap in and he isn't able to reach it before the Wolves defender? The man actually had service this time, not sure how many times he has to fail before you start to think maybe the fault lies somewhat on him?

Yeah he made a couple of mistakes. But you know what every week people are saying it is like playing with 10 players. Yeah he missed the target but why weren't people complaining about mcginn doing that the first 8 weeks of the season. And the ball he missed from trez he made a brilliant run across and the ball was very awkward straight at him so to hit the target he had to try and awkwardly hit it and he missed the ball. I'm not sure why he has revived so much blame today when he has shown his finishing is actually quite good before. 

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah he made a couple of mistakes. But you know what every week people are saying it is like playing with 10 players. Yeah he missed the target but why weren't people complaining about mcginn doing that the first 8 weeks of the season. And the ball he missed from trez he made a brilliant run across and the ball was very awkward straight at him so to hit the target he had to try and awkwardly hit it and he missed the ball. I'm not sure why he has revived so much blame today when he has shown his finishing is actually quite good before. 

Because Mcginn is a midfielder, and his main job isn't to score goals. He did his other roles in midfield well in the first 8 weeks of the season as well as having more goals than Wesley did for most of those 8 weeks, prior to the Norwich match. 

Also, another interesting statistic. In the last 4 matches, Wesley has had 5 shots on goal in total. Only one of those has actually hit the target. Wesley has been averaging, 1.25 shots per game and only 1/5th of those shots even hit the target, much less become a goal.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Because Mcginn is a midfielder, and his main job isn't to score goals. He did his other roles in midfield well in the first 8 weeks of the season as well as having more goals than Wesley did for most of those 8 weeks, prior to the Norwich match. 

Also, another interesting statistic. In the last 4 matches, Wesley has had 5 shots on goal in total. Only one of those has actually hit the target. Wesley has been averaging, 1.25 shots per game and only 1/5th of those shots even hit the target, much less become a goal.

Funny because wesley has had 22 shots scored 4 goals and scores 18% of the time when he shoots so if he is hitting the target 1/5 of the time he is scoring 90% of those shots. And once again it isn't Wesley's fault he is having so few shots it is our team not getting him the ball in the middle of the pitch or in dangerous positions. 

I used to love watching Abraham last season. Every time the ball went into the box he’d pounce and he was on his toes. Whilst not the finished article, he was a goal scorer and he caused so many problems.

We might as well not bother putting the ball in the box now. This bloke is flat footed, slow and he’s never where you need him. He just looks disinterested, lazy and a very poor footballer. 
I’m thoroughly fed up watching him play. Have not disliked a player as much as him in a while.

• Like 1

Â