Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

55 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Would you be convinced if Dean Smith, Suso and their team of analysts thought he was worth £30m?

It’s a strange argument. Whilst we all hope Smith and Suso will do extensive research and sign good players, their record so far (yes it’s a tiny amount to compare) is very hit and miss: 

Guilbert - not played can’t judge

Mings - Hit 

Hause - Hit 

Carroll - injures when signed, got injured again - Miss 

Kalinic - Miss (looking to offload)

The summer signings can’t be judged yet.

Therefore, people have a right to question the value and price of players and whether they will do well. 

As for Phillips, I don’t really care about the price as it’s not my money. I don’t recall him that much in the home game against Leeds and I never saw the away. Didn’t watch Leeds at any other time. If they feel he adds to our team and there is no one better available then great. 

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

10 years ago maybe. I'm impressed he still has that, in his secret folder no doubt...

Oh yes, I've got all sorts of incriminating shit ;)

At 24 he is worth £30m, not sure what we are farting about for, we need to knuckle down and prepare for August, not play some poker game until August 8th having got no one else in and neither have they so see who blinks first. I would say we have most to lose, with this approach to signings?

I see Mings may now be in doubt because Ake is piquing the interest of MC, we will end up with option D at this rate.

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

At 24 he is worth £30m, not sure what we are farting about for, we need to knuckle down and prepare for August, not play some poker game until August 8th having got no one else in and neither have they so see who blinks first. I would say we have most to lose, with this approach to signings?

I see Mings may now be in doubt because Ake is piquing the interest of MC, we will end up with option D at this rate.

As long as it's option double D that should be fine.

I love all this Tit talk. 

Leeds have signed Costa which is a great signing for them. They also have Jack Clarke back on loan. If they can keep hold of Phillips too, then I’m almost certain they will come up next season. The lad may want to stay at Leeds to see how it all goes. Either way we need to stop pissing around. Put in an offer they can’t refuse, or just move on and find someone else. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Cant the mods please put a stop to this.

I dont come on here to read childish puns.

I come on here to keep abreast of Villa news.

Well aren't you a hoot. 

Sorry that was terrible. I'll leave you to it. 

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Cant the mods please put a stop to this.

I dont come on here to read childish puns.

I come on here to keep abreast of Villa news.

I have no mammary of them doing that before.

• Haha 2

Â