Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

36 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Bizarre seeing my face blown up like that. At least I'm wearing my favourite glasses. 

That's not really you is it DDID? I thought it was a scene showing Ronnie Corbett in Sorry! 

43 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Bizarre seeing my face blown up like that. At least I'm wearing my favourite glasses. 

Danny Devito wants his face back.

(And to direct the sequal to twins, with you, Arnie and himself - "Triplets").

If this is true kiss goodbye to having any chance of getting Phillips 😢

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/qatari-deal-for-leeds-close-as-report-claims-champ-side-will-become-cash-rich

Qatari Sports Investments (QSI) are reportedly close to finalising a takeover for Leeds United that will make the Championship side “one of the world’s richest clubs” and the “little brother” to Paris Saint-Germain.

Reports last month claimed Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani had met with QSI chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi to discuss selling a stake in the club though the Championship side went to some lengths to deny the claims and suggested talks were held merely over the mutual TV broadcasting rights owned by the two men.

However, with reports suggesting Al-Khelaifi had also held talks with Marcelo Bielsa to discuss his long-term vision for the club, claims of an investment from the cash-rich group refused to die down.

Little has been said about the proposed investment or takeover since then, but there appears to have been plenty going on behind the scenes if French outlet Le Parisien are to be believed.

They claim QSI are nearing not just an investment into Leeds – originally said to be anything between 10%-20% – but are in fact close to an entire takeover at Elland Road with the Championship club set to become PSG’s ‘little brother’.

The report adds that the group are keen on ‘broadening their portfolio in English football’ with Leeds their No 1 target after “studying the English market over the past two years”.

There is no timeline given as to when the reported takeover could be complete, but upon doing so, the report claims Leeds could welcome some PSG players on loan.

It’s also stated that Bielsa will be given significant transfer funds to secure promotion from the Championship this season and build on last season’s third-placed finish.

**** sake ! 

9 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Lol..same here !

I always thought DDID avatar was from league of gentlemen .... closer inspection it looks like Danny de Vito ....

fingers crossed that story is bollox just thought I’d share it ... and hope they have moved on but what Qatar wants it usually gets ...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I always thought DDID avatar was from league of gentlemen .... closer inspection it looks like Danny de Vito ....

fingers crossed that story is bollox just thought I’d share it ... and hope they have moved on but what Qatar wants it usually gets ...

Danny De Vito in one of the funniest shows of all time, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Did Stephen Ireland tell you that?

Trauma led Ireland to lie about grandmother's death

FAI expresses support for midfielder who panicked after learning of his girlfriends miscarriage

Fri 14 Sep 2007 16.06 BSTFirst published on Fri 14 Sep 2007 16.06 BST

Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland today admitted he lied about the circumstances of his withdrawal from the Republic of Ireland squad ahead of Wednesday meeting with the Czech Republic. Ireland pulled out of the squad shortly after Saturday's draw in Slovakia, citing the death of a grandparent, when in fact his girlfriend had suffered a miscarriage.

In a statement on City's official website, Ireland explained: "I wish to explain the circumstances surrounding my departure from the Republic of Ireland international squad following the Euro 2008 qualifier against Slovakia in Bratislava last Saturday.

"When the game ended our manager, Stephen Staunton, took me outside the dressing room into the corridor, along with the Ireland team doctor. He told me that they had taken a call from my girlfriend, Jessica, and she said my grandmother had died. I was deeply shocked because I believed it was my maternal grandmother, who had brought me up from when I was five. The manager went back into the dressing room to get my phone and when I got it I immediately rang my girlfriend to get more details.

“My girlfriend was distraught and explained that she had just suffered a miscarriage. Jessica said she was very lonely and wanted me to come home. She said she thought they might let me come home quicker if they thought my grandmother had died.

“The FAI hired a private jet to get me home and I flew out of Bratislava the following morning. Before I left I told the FAI media officer that the name of my grandmother was Patricia Tallon. Early on Monday morning I got a phone call from Stephen Staunton telling me that the FAI had discovered my grandmother in Cork was not dead.

"He wanted to know what was going on and I told him that there had been a mistake and it had been my father's mother. I told him her name was Brenda Kitchener, that she lived in London.

"Jessica and I were still very upset over the miscarriage so we flew home to Ireland for a few days.

"On Thursday, I got a phone call from Manchester City stating that the FAI had discovered that my grandmother, Brenda Kitchener, was also alive. I decided at that stage that I must tell truth and admit I had told lies.

"I realise now that it was a massive mistake on my part to tell the FAI and Manchester City that my grandmothers had died and I deeply regret it."

Ireland continued: "The miscarriage that Jessica suffered last Saturday has caused both of us a lot of heartache and had caused us both to panic. It was wrong and I sincerely apologise, particularly as I caused a lot of problems for many people.

"I would like to apologise to my grandmothers and all my family for any distress I have caused them. Ireland manager Stephen Staunton, my Ireland team-mates, the backroom staff and the FAI also deserve my profound apologies.

"I truly appreciate that the extraordinary lengths they went to put my welfare first and ensure I got home from Slovakia as quickly as possible. I am also sorry for causing Manchester City any embarrassment and apologise to the supporters of both Manchester City and Ireland for misleading them and the media." I love playing for my country and am grateful for the understanding Mr Staunton and the FAI have shown to me since I told them the truth. I have learnt a valuable lesson from this mess and hope those I have hurt by my actions will forgive me."

In response to Ireland's admission, the FAI released the following statement: "What occurred was a result of a traumatic situation for a young player and his girlfriend and the Association does not believe that they realised at any time the full implications of their actions or the distress that it would cause."

Staunton was also sympathetic to the player, adding: "I welcome Stephen's clarification of the situation. He is a player who loves playing for his country and unfortunately made a poor judgement call because of the traumatic circumstances he found himself in. I hope he can now put this behind him and learn from it because he is a young player with a tremendous future in the game."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/sep/14/newsstory.sport1

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, privateer said:

Stigma how and projected by whom? :crylaugh: It's not the **** 16th century and neither did she have a parturitive mishap in a Dothraki tent and pass a stillborn scaly winged beast.

The only stigma around a miscarriage I'm aware of is of miscarriages that are induced in clinics.

Breaking down the stigma around miscarriage and stillbirth

Despite the stigma, voices calling for a change in the way the medical sector and society deal with miscarriages and stillbirths are getting louder.

by Julia Migné

You can read more on the link if you’re interested to learn more.

https://the-inkline.com/2018/10/15/breaking-down-the-stigma-around-miscarriage-and-stillbirth/

Â