Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

If this is true kiss goodbye to having any chance of getting Phillips 😢

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/qatari-deal-for-leeds-close-as-report-claims-champ-side-will-become-cash-rich

**** sake ! 

They still cannot ignore ffp though. Look how wealthy our owners are yet we couldn't spend because of it.

They won't be able to spend 100m in championship. Not a chance in hell.

If they get promoted then of course they can.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They still cannot ignore ffp though. Look how wealthy our owners are yet we couldn't spend because of it.

They won't be able to spend 100m in championship. Not a chance in hell.

If they get promoted then of course they can.

Man City simply laughed and paid a £50,000,000 penalty for breaching the rules a few years ago. Depends how deep their pockets are I suppose. Points deductions and transfer bans would hurt them more.

13 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Man City simply laughed and paid a £50,000,000 penalty for breaching the rules a few years ago. Depends how deep their pockets are I suppose. Points deductions and transfer bans would hurt them more.

Yeah but that’s PL, the EFL seem more likely to dock points like the scum losing 9 points last year.

But also, regarding the apparent Leeds takeover. If they’re that rich why not buy a PL team, and then not have the bother of getting promoted. NSWE bought us, but I think they’re business men rather than oil rich sheikhs. Ah, who knows!?

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah but that’s PL, the EFL seem more likely to dock points like the scum losing 9 points last year.

Was about to say that @meregreen

They can't keep taking a 9 point penalty each season.  I could see them loaning psg players or signing they for smaller fees like wolves did.

I think this is completely unfair though. Owners should not be allowed to own two clubs. It gives teams a unfair advantage 

It’s like PSG signing Neymar for what was it £300m? But it was all so dodgy that he bought himself out of his Barça contract and then effectively went for free... it’s totally just one rule for the rich. If the rich want something they can generally get it if money is no object. A sad reflection of our times.

• Like 1

TBH i have at no point even remotely thought Kalvin Philips would sign for us. I fear it's all just rehashing of the original interest by the media similar to how they are now rehashing the McGinn to Man U story that was circulated by a certain reporter, who is quite well known to circulate BS rumours, possibly out of some unprofessional hissy fit as he was annoyed with Villa fans "gloating" about signings etc?

I think we need to move on as this could drag & drag and we really badly need a solution at DM quite quickly with Pre season having now started. We are also of course weak in central defence so we need to get a jog on!!

What other alternatives are there for DM at the mo?

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

If this is true kiss goodbye to having any chance of getting Phillips 😢

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/qatari-deal-for-leeds-close-as-report-claims-champ-side-will-become-cash-rich

**** sake ! 

If leeds were going to be rolling in it, they wouldnt have sold one of their up and coming talents to Levy and had to get him loaned back.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

If leeds were going to be rolling in it, they wouldnt have sold one of their up and coming talents to Levy and had to get him loaned back.   

Exactly. If this was imminent then they would pause all transfer activity. That happened with us in the previous takeovers we've had. 

I'm wondering if we should offer Lansbury on loan for 6 months to help push this through. It'd give Henri a chance to prove himself in a pretty robust system that'd certainly test his fitness and gives them a soft replacement who's good on the ball.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

But also, regarding the apparent Leeds takeover. If they’re that rich why not buy a PL team, and then not have the bother of getting promoted. NSWE bought us, but I think they’re business men rather than oil rich sheikhs. Ah, who knows!?

Pure guesswork here, but i imagine if you buy a championship club and get them promoted, the value of the club skyrockets or at least considerably increases. Which, in terms off investment carries a higher return or a smaller loss.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For the first time in my life I ventured on to another forum to ask about Philips and I got loads of abuse! 

Lovely bunch then Leeds fans. 

Really hope we sign him and Leeds crash and burn...Again.

To be fair, you're asking about their crown jewel in their front garden. 

• Haha 1

Â