Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

Doesn't change too much for me, I'd of assumed they were in talks with him as soon as Bielsa signed up and the rumours started.

Interesting it's leaked publicly all of a sudden though, could be putting pressure on him to stay by letting the Leeds fans know he's being offered a good deal to stick around.

They could still sell him, and this could be just so they can say tha they tried to keep. When they sold Chris Wood they did the same thing, offered him a new deal and Phil Hay wrote a big story about it, but then went and sold him to Burnley. Although in all probability this probably means he will be staying with them. We don't even know how desperately we wanted him anyway, we bid £14m for him a while ago now, for all we know our interest might have ended the moment that bid was turned down.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Didn’t Delph do the same? He even signed a new contract and then went... unless I’m misremembering 

Club got him to sign it in January with the ridiculously low buy out clause in it as if a another club wouldn’t take advantage of it. Was a pure PR stunt. Looking back I bet Delph wish he never signed it and just left on a free.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Club got him to sign it in January with the ridiculously low buy out clause in it.  Was a pure PR stunt. Looking back I bet Delph wish he never signed it and just left on a free.

Ahh, yeah, that was it. Bloody 🐍

Adam Pope the BBC Yorkshire journalist from a few days ago who said he might go for fifteen to tweny million, is still saying that there's a very good chance that he'll leave.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Ahh, yeah, that was it. Bloody 🐍

In someways Delph did us a favour, because by signing the contract at least we got a fee, even if it wasn’t as much as we’d have liked. What soured it all was, that he made a big speech about him being a loyal and honourable man, who was proud to be Villa captain. Then a few days later he jumped ship. That’s what upset most of us at the time. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Didn’t Delph do the same? He even signed a new contract and then went... unless I’m misremembering 

Phillips is a life long Leeds fan, and born and bred in Leeds, and loves it.

Delph was......something something.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Phillips is a life long Leeds fan, and born and bred in Leeds, and loves it.

Delph was......something something.

Delph was actually the same when he left the for 5 million. I think they were in league one though. 

• Like 1

Â