Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

10 years ago maybe. I'm impressed he still has that, in his secret folder no doubt...

Who looks like Reece Shearsmith?

4 minutes ago, Hitzlsperger_12 said:

I wouldn't say he can play CB, more like a last resort than anything else. He's never a CB.

I think he can, he’s a good centre back as back up but midifield is his bread and butter 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That goes without saying. I am speaking for myself and it's embarrassing small time fawning over a player for crazy money when half of you probably have seen him in the dmc role only a few times. 

How many times you watched him play?  

gattuso had classic short man anger issues coupled with Latin temperament which covered up for his failings as I never hugely rated him . Phillips on the other hand doesn’t seem to be have these issues so yep could be better I mean if snake and dier can play DM for England there is nothing to say Phillips cannot if he continues his current trajectory ... sorry @KenjiOgiwara but I think you are wrong about him and I question whether you have watched him play that much. 

Edited by thabucks

43 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I think you are wrong about him and I question whether you have watched him play that much. 

Maybe I am. 

I haven't seen him play that much, but neither has most of the people here I suspect. He's had one season as a DMC? Where assuming you watch our matches you've seen him play twice. Then add a likely 10 matches Leeds were televised and maybe someone lucky has seen him 5 times. Yet they are adamant he is the dogs bollox and we should spend £ 30 million on this lad like we've never had money issues, in arguably our most important position for PL survival. Sorry if I'm not convinced. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Maybe I am. 

I haven't seen him play that much, but neither has most of the people here I suspect. He's had one season as a DMC? Where assuming you watch our matches you've seen him play twice. Then add a likely 10 matches Leeds were televised and maybe someone lucky has seen him 5 times. Yet they are adamant he is the dogs bollox and we should spend £ 30 million on this lad like we've never had money issues, in arguably our most important position for PL survival. Sorry if I'm not convinced. 

Yeah but how many times did you see Gattuso play?

Exactly.

• Like 1

leeds have signed Helder Costa on a 1 year loan, that will turn in to a permanent transfer next season with a 4 year contract (5 years total).

Clever FFP work around by the look of it, and they must expect to be promoted this season making those kind of deals?

I can see them getting promoted this season tbh if they keep their best players and add players like Costa.

Im starting to think the Phillips transfer wont happen, they wont go selling their best players if they are throwing everything at promotion this season, and its not like Phillips wants to leave tbh.

edit - price is £15.5m, thats a lot of money for a non parachute club, either they are spending with a do or bust mentality to get promoted, or maybe they are pre spending the cash they expect for Phillips.

Edited by MaVilla

Kenji, a lot of football fans think that Philips is a great DM prospect who has just had a damn good season. That's forty odd games where he displayed the kind of characteristics that we're currently missing. He's the kind of player that you would rather have playing for you than against you. I was genuinely worried about our chances of playing Leeds in the play off finals because of the likelihood of Philips cancelling out Grealish for two games. He makes a difference.

(his price wont be anywhere near 30 million)

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That goes without saying. I am speaking for myself and it's embarrassing small time fawning over a player for crazy money when half of you probably have seen him in the dmc role only a few times. 

I'm definitely only basing my view on having seen him a handful of times - I thought he was fantastic when we played them and would love to see us sign him. However I'm also aware that signing players based on how they play against us hasn't always gone well! But based on what I have seen, I think he'd be a good PL player.

We don't really know what Phillips is thinking. Its understandable that he'd find it hard to leave his boyhood club but I don't believe any random bods who claim they know.

The current England manager is a bit of a knob when it comes to picking players outside the top flight. I'm sure Phillips believes he could get in ahead of oafs like Dier and Rice. But he has to be in the top flight.

Edited by Mazrim

14 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

We don't really know what Phillips is thinking. Its understandable that he'd find it hard to leave his boyhood club but I don't believe any random bods who claim they know.

The current England manager is a bit of a knob when it comes to picking players outside the top flight. I'm sure Phillips believes he could get in ahead of oafs like Dier and Rice. But he has to be in the top flight.

Rice an oaf? I think he’s class

55 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Maybe I am. 

Would you be convinced if Dean Smith, Suso and their team of analysts thought he was worth £30m?

Â