Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Bloke: Would you have sex with me for ten quid? 

Woman: No! How DARE you? 

Bloke: Well, would you have sex with me for ten million pounds? 

Woman: God, for that amount of money, I'd be stupid not to! 

Bloke: Right, now we've established what sort of girl you are, we're just haggling over the price... 

This sounds like my dad butchering a joke.

The first question is would you for a million. 

Yes

Would you for a tenner

No way what kind of a girl do you think I am

We've already established what kind of girl you are. Now we're just haggling 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Bloke: Right, now we've established what sort of girl you are, we're just haggling over the price... 

The old ones are the best! 

Reports again saying he doesn't want to leave.

I would be a little concerned signing a player who really desperately doesn't want to leave the club they are at, assuming its true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Reports again saying he doesn't want to leave.

I would be a little concerned signing a player who really desperately doesn't want to leave the club they are at, assuming its true.

I wouldn’t. It’s like leaving a job or company you love and have  been at for years to better your career. You don’t want to leave but know it’s the right thing to do. Doesn’t mean you won’t give your all in your new job.

• Like 1

Im sure the fact we have shown such strong interest in getting him in ... the massive wage rise he will get and the adulation from the Holte he will no doubt receive will soften the blow and he will thrive. Yeah it will be hard for him to leave his home town club for sure but I have no qualms about that personally. He is a professional first and foremost and he will move on pretty quickly from it . Get him in ! 

47 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

But, you know right that if she came from Bristol the haggling price would have to start straight from £20m 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Im sure the fact we have shown such strong interest in getting him in ... the massive wage rise he will get and the adulation from the Holte he will no doubt receive will soften the blow and he will thrive. Yeah it will be hard for him to leave his home town club for sure but I have no qualms about that personally. He is a professional first and foremost and he will move on pretty quickly from it . Get him in ! 

We have shown strong interest or papers/blogger in parent's basement have said we have shown strong interest?

Edited by Kiwivillan

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

We have shown strong interest or papers/ blogger in parent's basement have said we have shown strong interest?

Valid point ... time will tell !

16 minutes ago, Kingman said:

If he doesn't want to leave then **** him, No point wasting £25m on somebody that doesn't want to be here 

He's torn about leaving his boyhood club. They need to sell but he doesn't particularly want to leave. Similar to if we hadn't been bought last year with Jack. 

He'd have had to leave for the good of the club but he was never going to force the move. He would still have smashed it when he left regardless on his mixed emotions at the time.

Same with Phillips. He'll do well wherever he goes but he's not going to force it if he can become a local legend. Any of us would like to think we'd be the same.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wouldn’t. It’s like leaving a job or company you love and have  been at for years to better your career. You don’t want to leave but know it’s the right thing to do. Doesn’t mean you won’t give your all in your new job.

When did Stephen Ireland get that memo.:lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

When did Stephen Ireland get that memo.:lol:

Ha, This was a guy that once pretended his grandma had died so didn’t have to play for Ireland.

God we’ve signed some proper wasters over the years haven’t we?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ha, This was a guy that once pretended his grandma had died so didn’t have to play for Ireland.

God we’ve signed some proper wasters over the years haven’t we?

His girlfriend had just had a miscarriage but there is a bit of stigma around that unfortunately so he said his grandmother had died instead.  

Edited by LondonLax

14 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

His girlfriend had just had a miscarriage but there is a bit of stigma around that unfortunately so he said his grandmother had died instead.  

Stigma how and projected by whom? :crylaugh: It's not the **** 16th century and neither did she have a parturitive mishap in a Dothraki tent and pass a stillborn scaly winged beast.

The only stigma around a miscarriage I'm aware of is of miscarriages that are induced in clinics.

• Like 1

Â