Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Veretout was awful for us. 

He started out ok but it total gloom and negativity at Villa Park just got to him, I am pleased he managed to escape what was a career black hole at the time to restore his career. Traore, Gueye,  and even Westwood have gone to look like standard prem players since 2016.  Our defence was appalling that year coupled with years of mismanagement just led to a season from hell.

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Seems to be a grainy photo of Phillips at VP on the Shittersphere.

If it's the picture with Wesley it's not Phillips. One of Wesley's agents or something.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fulham paid 27m for Seri last summer. 

And around £30mill on André-Frank Zambo Anguissa

They had the wrong coach and with hindsight the wrong short term scatter gun approach to signings. Let’s hope we don’t fall into the same trap . 

Edited by thabucks

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

They had the wrong coach and with hindsight the wrong short term scatter gun approach to signings. Let’s hope we don’t fall into the same trap . 

You but you know those fans moaning about us signing Championship players would be wetting themselves if we had signed these 2 for big money.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Well we've released a good few players and turned two loan signings permanent, so makes me laugh when people say we're doing a 'Fulham' (not saying you are) I think our approach so far is spot on and the prices reflect the current climate, so £25-£28m for Phillips is a good deal. 

Fulham completely fobbed off the team that got them up and spent £100 odd million and tried to start again, I see us adding strength and quality to what we currently have with hopefully Mings and Webster to follow

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I fortunately don't see any of our signings being scatter gun so far. Every one of our signings could be summed up as hardworking team players by their respective clubs and that's what Smith wants. He wants players that live to be part of a team.

• Like 2

Someone at work has said that a guy on twitter has stated Kalvin Phillips and his agent either have been or are currently at the Belfry?   I can't find anything about this?  Does anyone know if this is out there or is it just another false rumour?

I assume this is false because aren't players in training this week and if he'd travelled down to us, we'd have had to have agreed a fee etc.  Media would have leaked this also wouldn't they? 

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Obligatory YouTube vid of best bits, complete with unlistenable sound track... seriously why are they all accompanied by garbage music!?

Based on YouTube vids I’ve signed 38 players so far this window. 

Imagine McGinn and Phillips in the workroom doing the dirty work , pressing & up in the opposition faces winning the call back then feeding Trezequet , El Ghazi, etc on the wings then crossing to Leao/ Wesley to slot it home ... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Imagine McGinn and Phillips in the workroom doing the dirty work , pressing & up in the opposition faces winning the call back then feeding Trezequet , El Ghazi, etc on the wings then crossing to Leao/ Wesley to slot it home ... 

Thanks for that mental image, I’ve just torn out crotch in my trousers with that instant boner. 

• Haha 1

Â