dont_do_it_doug.

24 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

maybe we are waiting until we officially become a Premier League team which is sometime next week I think

It happens at the Premier League AGM, which took place on the 7th June last year. If its the same date this year then it will be ratified on Friday. 

• Like 1

I think Jota is cover for Grealish. We all know the difference between Villa with Grealish and without. it's like day and night.

However I've never seen Jota as a massive threat like for example Dwight Gayle or bradley dack? 

This isn't the awe inspiring signing that will send shockwaves through the premier league.

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Dwight Gayle or bradley dack

They play in completely different positions to be fair, this guy creates, they are finishers.

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

This isn't the awe inspiring signing that will send shockwaves through the premier league.

It isn't supposed to be. I don't know if you noticed but we can barely put a team out as it stands, we need squad players as well as first team players, Jota plays in multiple positions and will very much be for cover as much as anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I think Jota is cover for Grealish. We all know the difference between Villa with Grealish and without. it's like day and night.

However I've never seen Jota as a massive threat like for example Dwight Gayle or bradley dack? 

:huh:

Jota - wide, tricky winger.

Grealish - Attacking Midfielder

Gayle - out-and-out striker

Dack - attacking midfielder

I don't see how Jota is cover for Grealish, or comparable to Dack or Gayle.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, choffer said:

:huh:

Jota - wide, tricky winger.

Grealish - Attacking Midfielder

Gayle - out-and-out striker

Dack - attacking midfielder

I don't see how Jota is cover for Grealish, or comparable to Dack or Gayle.

Is Jota not an attacking midfielder? Admittedly I haven't really seen him play for Blues but at Brentford he seemed to do most of his good work in behind the striker. I definitely wouldn't call him a wide player. If he's a winger he's much more like Grealish was when we played him wide left (i.e. constantly looking to come in off his wing) from what I've seen.

I would agree that he's not comparable to an out and out striker like Gayle and to a degree he's not really comparable to Dack who's more of a goalscoring attacking midfielder than a creative one.

As screwdriver said I'd see him as a backup to Grealish who could also fit in out wide when needed. A good option on the bench for me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Is Jota not an attacking midfielder? Admittedly I haven't really seen him play for Blues but at Brentford he seemed to do most of his good work in behind the striker. I definitely wouldn't call him a wide player. If he's a winger he's much more like Grealish was when we played him wide left (i.e. constantly looking to come in off his wing) from what I've seen.

I would agree that he's not comparable to an out and out striker like Gayle and to a degree he's not really comparable to Dack who's more of a goalscoring attacking midfielder than a creative one.

As screwdriver said I'd see him as a backup to Grealish who could also fit in out wide when needed. A good option on the bench for me.

From what I understand Jota's best position is the right side of a front three, but he also does the AMC role (Grealish) well.

I imagine he could also play the left side of a front three comfortably being left footed.

Basically he can play accross any of our 3 x AM roles but is best suited as per above.

18 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I'll be happy with 17th and a good nucleus of a quality squad starting to develop. 

I'll definitely not be happy with 17th plus .....

I can live with 17th plus .... but I'll be happy with 7th.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

From what I understand Jota's best position is the right side of a front three, but he also does the AMC role (Grealish) well.

I imagine he could also play the left side of a front three comfortably being left footed.

Basically he can play accross any of our 3 x AM roles but is best suited as per above.

I think he'd struggle on the left side of a front three as he's never struck me as someone who's going to beat his man and put crosses in. I'd also worry for our width on the right hand side if he was playing there. I'd have thought he'll provide cover for both the right wing and attacking midfield with a starting right winger still to come in.

37 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I think he'd struggle on the left side of a front three as he's never struck me as someone who's going to beat his man and put crosses in. I'd also worry for our width on the right hand side if he was playing there. I'd have thought he'll provide cover for both the right wing and attacking midfield with a starting right winger still to come in.

He looks like he's mainly on the right in most of these clips.

I must say I was pretty underwhelmed (and shocked) when I heard about Jota as a potential signing but having time to think about it I think he could be a decent signing for us.

I remember thinking back to when the Birmingham signed him and thought it was a great signing for them and although perhaps his form hasn't been quite as good there I think that is more a reflection on the blues than it is on him.

His he better than Adomah? For me yes. His better than Green? Currently yes. Will he improve our squad? Yes. 

I would however like to think that we have other (better) players lined up for Jota to compete for a place with.

His starting position does look a lot wider than I thought on those clips to be fair although he does seem to pick the ball up and then come infield the vast majority of the time. I suppose the issue then would be that we'd need a full back who could get up the pitch to offer the overlap to him. I don't know what Guilbert is like as a player but I'm not sure that Elmo has the legs to be up and down the right hand side all game.

5 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Is that just because he's Spanish? Having watched them both they don't seem that alike at all. 

Left footed, likes to come inside, commit players, link play, cute little passes, create chances etc.

Like I say, like Carles GIl (except hopefully not shite)

As has already been said, we don't have the money or pulling power to sign superstars all over the pitch.

Our best chance of success next season is to upgrade all of the players we have sold on or released. Is Jota an upgrade on Adomah or Gardner, I would say yes! In that case i'm happy with the signing. If Dean can get 5-6 players in for next season that he actually wants (completely ignoring the transfer value) then i'll be happy with our summer business.

6 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I remember thinking back to when the Birmingham signed him and thought it was a great signing for them and although perhaps his form hasn't been quite as good there I think that is more a reflection on the blues than it is on him.

I thought he was a good signing for them and was amazed they got him but I think I have the explanation.

Look at this

this-is-why-i-hate-females-this-bitch-hi

then couple that with the "taking the shot from above" ruse to make themselves look less obese and ugly.

This is what happened to poor Jota. He ended up, having been subjected to trickery and illusion by the scum where they showed him photos of Bodymoor instead of Wast Hills and took him to Moseley Rugby Stadium instead of the sty, with the football equivalent of a Tinder date with a desperate, malodorous, plooky, greasy-haired land-whale but didn't know it until he found himself boxed in at the dinner table.

Despite being thoroughly disgusted at what he found himself being publicly seen with, he was too much of a gentleman to do anything but see the dinner through. However, after a dinner of wearing a rictus grin and a humiliating walk of shame to the car park, he ran to his old mate's car and told him "Get me the **** outta here!"

• Haha 1

Â