dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They all have fancy names so they must be good!  I think we will the double over them next season and regain our crown as being the Kings of the Midlands. They don’t strike fear in me, far from it, our demolition job of the season before the one just gone when we beat them 4-1 at Villa Park proved that

2 players that won Euro 2016, Dendoncker is one of highest profile young players in Europe and Neves and Jota are wonderful talents.They finished 7th 

We be happy to finish 12th next season

43 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I was talking to a Wolves fan (ST holder) last night, and he thought that (assuming we strengthen the squad well) Villa would more than hold their own next season. Not looking forward to playing us, in fact. 

I'm sure that's true, but it's a bit of a silly point. Assuming we balls up strengthening the squad, I think we'll be in big trouble. :P 

On 01/06/2019 at 05:24, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you are correct, we beat Wolves 4-1 a year ago, we played them off the park, look how quickly they’ve gone from Championship winners to finishing 7th in the Premier League. I think it highlights how poor the league is currently in general, Wolves are nothing special in my opinion, I think we’re better than them. The top 6 are so far ahead of everyone else, it’s scary

With all due respect there is no way imo that we are better than Wolves.

Yes you are right to point out the 4-1 victory against them - but actually the way they dismantled us at Molineux was an even greater achievement imo.

Nuno is a first class manager and one that I'm sure Dean would respect and in some ways aspire too.

I have little doubt that we will sooner rather than later - return to being Midlands champions - but for now let's have it right, the Dingles are a good side 👍🏻

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I was talking to a Wolves fan (ST holder) last night, and he thought that (assuming we strengthen the squad well) Villa would more than hold their own next season. Not looking forward to playing us, in fact. 

We have a great potential, its just when will we get going and have the new players settling. With the fact that we need a huge work in just to months to change the whole squad.

We’ll need to average adding more than a player every week. 

We’ll need couple of them to be with us during the preseason. 

Wolves can go to the season without any addition and they could survive. They have a chance to just put their money into 2 marquee signing and have a bigger improvement. They’re stable atm.

Ofcourse I’m not saying I’m not optimistic, actually I’ve been backing the team to go up even before our form clicked on. But we need to be realistic. 

However, if we got it right and continue our great form and had great start, we would have the potential for going far away. 

We have to also know that even though we continued a great form, we didn’t play that well in our last couple of games (including playoffs) which is understandable. But we really need to up our game.

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Wolves were amazing last season and deserved their place in the table. They still would throw points away inexplicably like home and away vs Huddersfield

3 hours ago, Skills said:

Great technically and is different to what we have but is a bit lightweight which is my concern.  El ghazi to start - Jota and Green back ups, need 1 more starting winger for me

I think of Jota as a replacement for Adomah as he’s better, basically a back up, and then we need a starting right winger. But the Adomah for Jota switch, for negliagble monies is an easy decision. 

• Like 1

Soooooooo, according to the font of all knowledge which is social media which never makes anything up and tells no lies, we were swapping Gardner for Jota and a medical was undertaken on Friday.

Still no news.

Truth or Lie?

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Soooooooo, according to the font of all knowledge which is social media which never makes anything up and tells no lies, we were swapping Gardner for Jota and a medical was undertaken on Friday.

Still no news.

Truth or Lie?

He has gone to the same hospital as Carlos Sanchez did - give it time. His medical took about 17 months IIRC.

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Still no news.

Truth or Lie?

To be fair, both Birmingham Live and Dan Bardell from Villa View said this had legs.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, both Birmingham Live and Dan Bardell from Villa View said this had legs.

So already an improvement on some of our outgoing players :D 

• Haha 2

Could be something in the medicals needs a second look, maybe we are waiting until we officially become a Premier League team which is sometime next week I think, as above swap deals can be tricky and need a bit of extra negotiating, or their fax machine could be on the blink and they can't afford a new one... 

7 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Could be something in the medicals needs a second look, 

SHA have probably discovered that Gardner has 6 toes and is missing a spine. 

Â