dont_do_it_doug.

My thoughts on Jota : 

Good with the ball at his feet, tricky, passes well, crosses well.

He knows what is expected in a Dean Smith team.

He's not quick, but is sharp over a few metres.

Doesn't have much of a physical side to his game, tackling and tracking back aren't his favourite things.

He will be 28 years old in less than two weeks so he won't fit the "improve and add value" policy, but if we get him for an outlay of 4 million there isn't much of a fee to recoup at a later date and he will make a decent addition to the squad.

He's a better right winger than Green or Elmo so would improve our RW options.

I don't see him as a first choice RW over a physical 38 game Premier League season. He would need to share the position with someone else.

23 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

My thoughts on Jota : 

Good with the ball at his feet, tricky, passes well, crosses well.

He knows what is expected in a Dean Smith team.

He's not quick, but is sharp over a few metres.

Doesn't have much of a physical side to his game, tackling and tracking back aren't his favourite things.

He will be 28 years old in less than two weeks so he won't fit the "improve and add value" policy, but if we get him for an outlay of 4 million there isn't much of a fee to recoup at a later date and he will make a decent addition to the squad.

He's a better right winger than Green or Elmo so would improve our RW options.

I don't see him as a first choice RW over a physical 38 game Premier League season. He would need to share the position with someone else.

Jota is really quick. The rest I agree with. 

16 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Che Adams is their best player.

<insert attacking midfield player> here 

Speaking of Adams apparently Newcastle have made a bid for him. If they lose their best two players they really will struggle next year. 

Monk might walk

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Jota is really quick. The rest I agree with. 

Quick compared to what?

I would consider myself quick from the dining room table to the chocolate jar situated across the room, and very rapid when I'm exiting the room after my wife shows me some leg (multiple years of marriage)  :)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Skysports saying this is done now. So I guess finally we get rid one of our worst players that weasel gardner and take their best player. Great trade 

Ah but Gary Gardner will soon be their best player!

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes I am aware we lost the next few games. We beat wolves with ease that game and that was with a poor manager in Bruce and a team not as good s this years. 

I give up 🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

23 minutes ago, Wes said:

Part-way completed it would seem.

Seems weird that's it's only part completed as if the GG part was dependant on the Jota part they should only be completed if completed together?

Almost looks like two separate deals, the GG one is done and the Jota one isn't yet?

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Ah but Gary Gardner will soon be their best player!

Inb4 GG performs like Messi, gets bought by Chelsea next season, wins a European cup, stays till 33 and we talk about resigning him on a free in 6 odd years :)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 2

Â