dont_do_it_doug.

23 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

Sorry but that's total bollocks. They're miles ahead of us in every department bar club size and fanbase. We scraped promotion in 5th place, we're not going to just swot aside the likes of Wolves, Leicester and Everton. Behave 

This is true, to a certain extent. However, it also highlights what can be achieved in a relative short space of time with the right additions and quality coaching. Maybe that’s the more nuanced meaning behind the point @sir_gary_cahill was making. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hansardtony said:

Trevor Hockey Jeff Vowden, John Sleuwenhoek.............

We didn't sign Tulip from Blues - he went there from Villa

On 01/06/2019 at 05:25, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’ll dominate them in both fixtures too!

Bullshit. Look at their side - likes of Patricio, Boly, Neves, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Jota, Jonny, Jimenez. Seasoned internationals - behave yourself. Absolutely miles apart. Not saying we can't compete with them on the day when we face them obviously, but dominating? Can only assume you've had a few drinks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeAVFC said:

Let's be real. As good a job as Deano's done, Nuno is miles better. 

Miles better? Really. 

6 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

Bullshit. Look at their side - likes of Patricio, Boly, Neves, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Jota, Jonny, Jimenez. Seasoned internationals - behave yourself. Absolutely miles apart. 

You argue the point with @sir_gary_cahill saying that wolves are full of seasoned internationals and are miles apart from us, so I'm not sure you can then go on to say that Nuno is miles better based on his achievements. 

Smith took a side up that contained Neil Taylor, Albert Adomah and Alan Hutton for crying out loud. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Miles better? Really. 

You argue the point with @sir_gary_cahill saying that wolves are full of seasoned internationals and are miles apart from us, so I'm not sure you can then go on to say that Nuno is miles better based on his achievements. 

Smith took a side up that contained Neil Taylor, Albert Adomah and Alan Hutton for crying out loud. 

Smith took a side up that was expensively assembled, like Nuno did. Likewise, you could point out that Nuno took a side up consisting of Matt Doherty,Ryan Bennett and Conor Coady, hardly superstars at the time and were deemed useless before Nuno coached them. Yes miles better - Nuno has managed in the champions league at 2 clubs, got a small Portugese club Rio Ave into the europa league and totally transformed Wolves the last 2 years. Deano's worked at Walsall and Brentford. Seriously, get those rose tinted glasses off. I like Smith a lot and he's got potential to be a very good manager for us going forward - and like many others  I backed him all season to come through it even through that very patchy spell. But he's nowhere near Nuno's level, or any of the others in that top half like your Marco Silvas etc. Let's be real about this and not look through those Claret and Blue glasses. 

Edited by MikeAVFC

25 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

Bullshit. Look at their side - likes of Patricio, Boly, Neves, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Jota, Jonny, Jimenez. Seasoned internationals - behave yourself. Absolutely miles apart. Not saying we can't compete with them on the day when we face them obviously, but dominating? Can only assume you've had a few drinks. 

They all have fancy names so they must be good!  I think we will the double over them next season and regain our crown as being the Kings of the Midlands. They don’t strike fear in me, far from it, our demolition job of the season before the one just gone when we beat them 4-1 at Villa Park proved that

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They all have fancy names so they must be good!  I think we will the double over them next season and regain our crown as being the Kings of the Midlands. They don’t strike fear in me, far from it, our demolition job of the season before the one just gone when we beat them 4-1 at Villa Park proved that

4-1. Last season. And we shit the bed the game after. 

We need to forget about past seasons results and look forward to next year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Delusional. Clearly a wind up merchant 

33 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Didn't take long for us Villa fans to get carried away and jump off the deep end did it? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeAVFC said:

Let's be real. As good a job as Deano's done, Nuno is miles better. 

I think you need to calm down with your Lupinophilia. If that's not a word then I've just created it.

I agree with your other points. We can't say we're as good or better than Wolves when we dont even have a squad to speak of right now.

But saying Nuno is miles better isnt fair. He's further down the road in his club's development than Deano is and has had a chance to build his own squad from unrealistically good resources. To be fair he's done very well with those resources.

Let's see where they both are in a year or so and compare. I'm not having your claim though. Not yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think you need to calm down with your Lupinophilia. If that's not a word then I've just created it.

I agree with your other points. We can't say we're as good or better than Wolves when we dont even have a squad to speak of right now.

But saying Nuno is miles better isnt fair. He's further down the road in his club's development than Deano is and has had a chance to build his own squad from unrealistically good resources. To be fair he's done very well with those resources.

Let's see where they both are in a year or so and compare. I'm not having your claim though. Not yet.

Disagree completely but each to their own. 

What do you disagree with? I haven't made any claims except see where we are under Smith in a few years. Are you declaring for Nuno regardless then already? Has Smith had a proper chance at the top with his own squad yet?

• Like 1

I was talking to a Wolves fan (ST holder) last night, and he thought that (assuming we strengthen the squad well) Villa would more than hold their own next season. Not looking forward to playing us, in fact. 

• Like 1

Â