dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t mean to pick on you mate but this kind of post is ridiculous.  Palace, Leicester and Newcastle all beat City last season. Does that mean they are just as good or not that far behind.

The 4-1 was a great day and result but it was a one off where we were just clinical on the day and they wernt. We wanted it more. It was no way an indication that our team was anywhere near as good as theres.  The final table points was proof of that. 

They had Premier league players in a championship team and then once promoted were able to make them permanent signings They then even added more quality players to them.  The championship players with question marks around them were able to step up. Namely the defence. 

We’re nowhere near them at the moment. 

I was referring to the team that got promoted not the current wolves premier league side. 

Of course that side is stronger than us. I was comparing the one that just went up to the wolves one that came up. There wasn't taht much difference in my eyes. That wolves team git thumped by Bruce's villa which wasn't as good

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I was referring to the team that got promoted not the current wolves premier league side. 

Of course that side is stronger than us. I was comparing the one that just went up to the wolves one that came up. There wasn't taht much difference in my eyes. That wolves team git thumped by Bruce's villa which wasn't as good

With the part in bold you just totally ignored what I said mate. :)  I think they were much better than us. 

Anyway staying on topic, I reckon this signing  will happen very soon. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

With the part in bold you just totally ignored what I said mate. :)  I think they were much better than us. 

Anyway staying on topic, I reckon this signing  will happen very soon. 

I didn't ignore at all. I think your being rather harsh to say we were clinical on the day only. We trounced them with ease that game. 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I didn't ignore at all. I think your being rather harsh to say we were clinical on the day only. We trounced them with ease that game. 

I think you should watch the game back. We fought so hard that game we went on to lose the next 2. 

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It was but we still thumped them 4-1 under Bruce with a weaker squad in my eyes

Yes we won a game then followed it up with a home defeat to QPR if my memory is right? I don’t think it was a score that reflected the game against Wolves either.

They were still a significantly better side than us then and certainly better than the players we currently own.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes we won a game then followed it up with a home defeat to QPR if my memory is right? I don’t think it was a score that reflected the game against Wolves either.

They were still a significantly better side than us then and certainly better than the players we currently own.

Not disputing that. I was referring to our squad this year whether on loan or not to wolves when they came up. Not much in those two teams at present. 

I have  not once said we are as good as the Premier league wolves team. 

Yes I am aware we lost the next few games. We beat wolves with ease that game and that was with a poor manager in Bruce and a team not as good s this years. 

Well harlee Dean has been speaking about it publicly saying he don't blame jota for joining us and he happy gardner is joining them. 

I'd say there is legs to this. Maybe the efl are the hold up and wnat to ensure Blose are being monitored. 

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Bit cynical. It's not as if these things don't always take time.

Although or season ended at the end of may - the actual championship season ended on may 5.

We have around 8 weeks to sign 10 players. I would have thought both players would keen on the switch - on the face it this would look one of the easier deals to complete. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all twitter bollox.

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Although or season ended at the end of may - the actual championship season ended on may 5.

We have around 8 weeks to sign 10 players. I would have thought both players would keen on the switch - on the face it this would look one of the easier deals to complete. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all twitter bollox.

Is another 'Why haven't we signed someone yet' post in disguise then? I am probably being a bit of a dick at heart by responding the way I am, and I apologise in advance, but I just don't get it how every single window people say the same things about transfers. For every Kalinic deal there are 20/30 or more that, even though they are simple, seem to take a while to get announced. And every single time people start doubting it or interpreting different problems with the deals. Dean Smith said himself he was going away on holiday—maybe he is on holiday, maybe Jota is on holiday, maybe Gardner is on holiday. Maybe the clubs need to negotiate. I bet £10 it happens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, praisedmambo said:

Is another 'Why haven't we signed someone yet' post in disguise then? I am probably being a bit of a dick at heart by responding the way I am, and I apologise in advance, but I just don't get it how every single window people say the same things about transfers. For every Kalinic deal there are 20/30 or more that, even though they are simple, seem to take a while to get announced. And every single time people start doubting it or interpreting different problems with the deals. Dean Smith said himself he was going away on holiday—maybe he is on holiday, maybe Jota is on holiday, maybe Gardner is on holiday. Maybe the clubs need to negotiate. I bet £10 it happens.

I think this is the point. We are only 9 days after the PO final and I am sure DS, players we are interested in etc are just chilling for a few weeks. Agents and club executives will be looking at contract details in the background. In 2/3 weeks time I suspect there will be a flurry of activity and just a lot of talk between now and then. We all need to chill out and ignore the media for a while. 

49 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

We all need to chill out and ignore the media for a while. 

Are you kidding me? Since finishing watching Game of Thrones and Chernobyl,  I literally have nothing else, I need this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

It can be whatever you want it to be.

I just thought this looked an easy transfer to complete  and would have been concluded swiftly.  UPDATE - some reports coming through that it has now. 

Edited by hippo

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

It can be whatever you want it to be.

I just thought this looked an easy transfer to complete  and would have been concluded swiftly.  UPDATE - reports come through that it has now.

Really don't know what you're talking about, it's taken what, just over a week? It's a deal happening very early into the window and it looks like it involves one of our players going the other way, with all that's involved it has happened in a reasonable time. This isn't football manager, apart from the last days on the window deals take longer the earlier it is into the window, doesn't take much thought as to why that would be the case.

Just now, Jareth said:

#HippoSportsNewsDesk

#HippoSportsNewsDesk  - Defoe, Benny McCarthy, Mcginns Dad,  - but won't be announced until we have the new kit as premier league regulations and companies house - insist we can't announce any new signings, whilst season tickets aren't on sale. 

• Haha 1

Â