Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

22 minutes ago, useless said:

This season Chelsea have lost to West Ham twice, Newcastle, and Bournemouth, and also both Everton and Southampton before they turned their form around, they've also and drawn with Brighton and with Bournemouth in their other game against them. So I'm not taking it for granted that they're going to beat Watford tomorrow.

That’s fair post. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They won 5 games in a row. Lose one and the managers a bottle job. 😂 

Yes. I often think that some posters ( a small number ) don't actually follow football, they just like posting volatile comments.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

No different than Son winner being a fluke as 99 times out of 100 Engels controls it

But engels was mistake konsas wasnt going in of it didnt hit mings. 

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It grazed Mings. It was headed for the back of the net anyway. We thoroughly deserved that goal. Nothing lucky about it.

Disgaree grazed mings who fell over. Very lucky. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Fernandes and pogba both onjured in a collision.  If both of them are out against us we have a chance

It was a fake account saying this, no injury for either 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh was it? The media seem to be reporting this. So they have been fooled to then 😂

Yeah some fake account said it and it was picked up by the mirror 😂

• Thanks 1

Brighton only need one win and they have 36 points and practically safe.

No idea why some people still think they are in a relegation battle. How things are going it is looking like 33-34 points will be enough to ensure survival.

Some big games this weekend. We just need to stay in the fight as long as we can. If we can get to West Ham with a chance then we’ll be doing well. Really hoping Norwich win because Brighton are very capable of losing all of their remaining games.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

No idea why some people still think they are in a relegation battle. How things are going it is looking like 33-34 points will be enough to ensure survival.

Their goal difference is too good for them to go down unless they get spanked 2 or 3 times by the end of the season 

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

For me, id like to see

Brighton beat norwich and obv defeats for bournemouth and watford

I'd rather Norwich beat Brighton. Keep Brighton involved, minimally.

Brighton have city and Liverpool as the next 2 after today.

Edited by Mjvilla
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

For me, id like to see

Brighton beat norwich and obv defeats for bournemouth and watford

I agree.

Forget about Brighton and West Ham. We need to focus on catching Watford.

• Like 1

We kinda need Norwich to at least draw in their upcoming games if we are to stay up.

Brighton, Watford and then West Ham. If they lose to both Brighton and Watford then they could have downed tools by the time the play West Ham.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

49 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Their goal difference is too good for them to go down unless they get spanked 2 or 3 times by the end of the season 

I can only see Brighton picking up 4 or 5 pts max in their remaining games.

But suprises do happen from time to time.

As long as we keep our heads down and worry about getting maximum points where we can then we just hope the gods can sway others results in our favour.

We have to take care of our own results first though.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

37 minutes ago, sne said:

We kinda need Norwich to at least draw in their upcoming games if we are to stay up.

Brighton, Watford and then West Ham. If they lose to both Brighton and Watford then they could have downed tools by the time the play 

On the one hand we need Norwich to get something against Brighton,  not to keep Brighton in reach, but to give Norwich something to play for in their other games against the bottom 6.

On the other, you could say that the pressure on them dissipates once relegation is confirmed and they may play better when they're free of that pressure. 

If you look at it this way then its win:win (or clutching at straws, choose your metaphor) :)

• Like 1