Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 hours ago, sne said:

We kinda need Norwich to at least draw in their upcoming games if we are to stay up.

Brighton, Watford and then West Ham. If they lose to both Brighton and Watford then they could have downed tools by the time the play West Ham.

Would rather West Ham are safe by final day personally.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would rather West Ham are safe by final day personally.

Yeah, as long as Watford don't pick up points along the way.

Sadly I feel we will already be down when we face them if they are already safe.

Brighton out of it. Been excellent many times I've seen them this season.

Credit to Potter. They play exactly how Smith wants you can tell. It's all short goal kicks, worked triangles, quick movement around the opposition box.

Sadly, a big advantage Potter has over Smith (as well as having many better players across the board obviously) is willingness to change formation. Has tried plenty of different shapes this season.

Great setup behind the scenes with Dan Ashworth. They've bought so many good young players and have plenty out on loan, it's the beginnings of a Chelsea style setup. They have two of the best young CBs in the Championship coming back to them this summer. So much quality throughout the club.

• Like 3

Potter changed to 5 at the back in the second half to counter Farke's changes.

Something you never see from Smith.

It's a thing coaches at this level do. But anyways congratulations to Brighton.

Edited by villalad21

Norwich losing not good for us, was hoping that they'd at least get a result just to give them the sense that they've still got something to fight for going into the Watford and West Ham games, still mathematically got a chance so hope. If they lose to Watford that will be Watford four points ahead of us at least after 34 games, more if Chelsea don't win today, unless we can somehow get a result against Liverpool or Man Utd.

Hopefully Norwich see the Watford game as their one last chance and give it good go.

41 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Brighton out of it. Been excellent many times I've seen them this season.

Credit to Potter. They play exactly how Smith wants you can tell. It's all short goal kicks, worked triangles, quick movement around the opposition box.

Sadly, a big advantage Potter has over Smith (as well as having many better players across the board obviously) is willingness to change formation. Has tried plenty of different shapes this season.

Great setup behind the scenes with Dan Ashworth. They've bought so many good young players and have plenty out on loan, it's the beginnings of a Chelsea style setup. They have two of the best young CBs in the Championship coming back to them this summer. So much quality throughout the club.

This is a bit of a myth. Smith has tried as many different formations as Potter has this season, both at 12.

Think the big difference is that Potter and his coaches have been better at implementing his ideas and tactics to the team than Smith and co has been.

Brighton play the way Potter want's them to, I can't imagine this is how Smith want's Villa to play.

Obviously players and squad play a part, but I think Potter is a very good coach. He worked wonders at Östersund and he got a pretty poor side to develop into a team that beat some very good sides in Europe.

• Like 1

wtf.....got Man U in a bet today on 4 teams both to score no thinking Bournemouth would not score.......🥴

i will now be happy to lose my £10 for Manure to get two and win