Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Then why have Dyche survived for so long?

Burnley are incredibly well-run financially and more profitable. Dyche has had successes and failures but he’s still above Howe in that regard. Not that I’m a fan of either play style. 

Look how much Bournemouth have wasted on the likes of Ibe and Solanki alone. Their wage structure is going to hit them massively hard upon relegation. You cannot be a yo-yo club and give out 100k pw contracts like candies. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Howe suffers from the constraints of working in a small team for too long. He may succeed at another club but his transfer record is very suspect. 

No-one really knows how much influence any Manager has on transfers any more. I know Brendan Rogers said that he just tells his boss what position he needs as opposed to asking for a certain player. Dean Smith has been critiqued over the incoming players this season but do we even know how involved he was in the process. Poch stated at Spurs that he was a coach not a manager.

Edited by gurru991

It's all a bit frustrating as I would say on our day earlier in the season we have been no worse than a lot of the bottom third teams such as Palace, Brighton etc. But we have lacked a bit of nous nicking points, in fact we have thrown far too many points away this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's all a bit frustrating as I would say on our day earlier in the season we have been no worse than a lot of the bottom third teams such as Palace, Brighton etc. But we have lacked a bit of nous nicking points, in fact we have thrown far too many points away this season.

Our naivety really killed us this season. First 10 games when we were still getting used to the league, we were good but so inexperienced. Dropped points against Bournemouth, stoppage time winner against Spurs etc.

But..but... I thought Chelsea were going to bottle it again!  A few people going to have to wait until tomorrow before they can piss and moan again.

edit: strange how the usual moaners seem to be quiet now Chelsea are winning. It’s almost like they hoped Watford would win.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But..but... I thought Chelsea were going to bottle it again!  A few people going to have to wait until tomorrow before they can piss and moan again.

edit: strange how the usual moaners seem to be quiet now Chelsea are winning. It’s almost like they hoped Watford would win.

Ive got to be honest, I think Liverpool will beat us by 3+ goals 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok. Now you are being downright ridiculous.