Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Two teams could finish above Newcastle and still get relegated this season imo, I think they're that bad.

Of course all changes if they sack Steve Bruce soon.

Well. I think their squad is piss poor.

Benitez truly is a miracle worker. A wizard.

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

There's no way we're worse than Watford and Newcastle. Just need to find one more team now.

Watford haven't looked that bad the twice I've seen them.

On the face of it though, we looked better than Burnley and only drew.

We need a striker and a winger in January.

Until then we need to try all options.

I wouldn't count on us finishing above Watford; the difference between us and them is that they've got a squad that have proved that they can perform at this level get results and finish comfortably midtable, whereas we're new to the league and have no such prior achievements with this squad that we can trust fall into. Similar to Wolves, I think eventually Watford will pick up and be safe from relegation.

Brighton, Southampton, Norwich, Newcastle, Watford, Burnley, Sheff Utd will be our relegation rivals id imagine. If we're good enough we'll stay up. Bad luck and sloppy mistakes have us where we are, havent seen another side suffer as many injustices or setbacks as us so far, but improvements in displays are there last few weeks. Obviously have to get a few results in these next few weeks but im staying confident.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bojong said:

Difference between this and relegation season is that we're playing ok and not getting results. Back then we were mostly lucky when we got points. I'm worried of course but optimistic. 

Some of our rivals have taken heavy beatings which we havent yet thankfully. Could be useful come May

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Well. I think their squad is piss poor.

Benitez truly is a miracle worker. A wizard.

I laughed when people said that Bruce would do a better job than Benitez. People were comparing their records and downplaying Benitez' trophy haul too, it was ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I laughed when people said that Bruce would do a better job than Benitez. People were comparing their records and downplaying Benitez' trophy haul too, it was ridiculous. 

I’m not sure anyone genuinely tried to argue that Bruce is a better Manager than Benitez - though I could be proved wrong on that.

I think it was just more that Benitez is/was perhaps a little over hyped, not that it’s an important topic.

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Newcastle look doomed to relegation, just need another 2 teams and were sorted . 

It's hard to believe that they bought Andy Carol on as a sub today and he didn't turn it around for them. 🤣

• Haha 1

We are going to be battling with six or maybe seven teams to beat the drop. Next two games are MASSIVE Norwich and Brighton and we really need four points at least which will set us up nicely for the International break. I'm confident if we stay within a few points of 13/14th place in the league we'll avoid relegation.

It's imperative we don't drop too many points against those around us!

UTV 

28 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m not sure anyone genuinely tried to argue that Bruce is a better Manager than Benitez - though I could be proved wrong on that.

I think it was just more that Benitez is/was perhaps a little over hyped, not that it’s an important topic.

It was a bit of both. Trying to shit on Benitez because he's supposedly overrated and trying to big up Bruce. The implication was that Benitez won a lot of trophies a long time ago but Bruce is the better manager in recent times. It's way off topic, but it's good that we have a perfect measuring stick to test those claims this season.