Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 minutes ago, useless said:

One win from seven when every game since Tottenham has been winnable is an horrifyingly atrocious start to the season, failing to beat any of Bournemouth, Burnley, and West Ham (down to ten men for a quarter of the game), just isn't good enough, to add to that we also failed to get anything from one of the worst away sides in the leaue in Palace and anything from Arsenal despite having the lead over them whilst they were down to ten men for half of the game. It's no good saying we're only a win from this and that position, because we can't win games, and we're doing nothing to show that we're going to turn things arounds. We had as a easy a start to the season as you could hope for and have completey wasted it.

There is no easy start to the season in this league. Norwich beat city, we’re level on points. Does that make them better. 

Time for me to stay away from VT again for a while. The overreactions are too much at times. 

• Thanks 1

I didn't say there was an easy start, I said we had about as much of an easy start as we could have hoped for. Worrying that we've only managed to win one game from the fixtures we've had isn't an overreaction either. If things are going badly then people are going to react negatively to it, no point pretending that everything is okay.

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

I didn't say there was an easy start, I said we had about as much of an easy start as we could have hoped for. Worrying that we've only managed to win one game from the fixtures we've had isn't an overreaction either. If things are going badly then people are going to react negatively to it, no point pretending that everything is okay.

Not saying it is mate. I was at Brighton on Weds and a lot of fans I spoke to just baffled me with their take of the season say far. We had 2 seasons in the Championship which we won a lot of games (first season was hit and miss) and I think some fans are finding it difficult to remember just how much of a step up this league really is. 

Like all fans I look at the fixtures and you highlight the ones you kind of expect to get something from but as we all know 50% of the time that doesn’t happen. 

I agreed with some concerns, goals from our strikers being one, but I really don’t see how anyone can write us off after 7 games. Lots of football to be played and if/when things start to fall in place for us maybe the outlook is a little brighter. 

I expected a relegation fight but even with some teams above us in the league, I’d be more worried if I were them than us in the long marathon of 38 games. I could be totally wrong and it’s 15/16 MK2 but I think the results will come. Lets hope it’s next week VS Norwich who will be up for it as they have had some poor results and are at home. 

With the Burnley, Norwich and Brighton fixtures I said 5-7 points are needed. We’re on track for that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I can't see where the next win is coming from.

Brighton at home?

if we can't win that, I have little hopes of us staying up, tbh. 

It's going to be a very long 31 games based on the shit we've witnessed so far.

Who'd have thought you couldn't assemble a PL side from Championship players. 

Just now, Farlz said:

Leading against Spurs, twice against Arsenal and twice against Burnley and we've come away with 1 point. We really are in trouble. 

This is gonna play into the players mind every time we get into a similar situation. That's the real worry and it's reminiscent of a relegation team.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Brighton at home?

if we can't win that, I have little hopes of us staying up, tbh. 

It's going to be a very long 31 games based on the shit we've witnessed so far.

Who'd have thought you couldn't assemble a PL side from Championship players. 

Our run up to middle of December is very difficult. Norwich are tough to play on their own turf so point at best there. After Brighton we have Man. City-Liverpool-Wolves (picking up form now)-Newcastle-Man. United-Chelsea-Leicester.

Going to be a regret not getting more points on the board in early stages I think especially after the euphoric night against Everton. Not winning since is very disapointing.

• Like 1

Calm down, we’re progressing even though it’s a bit frustrating. The manager is learning, we’re playing better than many sides, a bit lack of confidence which is making us fail. We need to lead by 2 to secure wins. But at the moment we’re a bit nervous.

we need 4 atleast from our next two, 8 from our next 8 games.

We’d be on 13 points having to play:

Leicester, Southampton, Sheffield, Watford and Norwich again. We need to click form on those. If we could be on track coming Norwich game in the new year, we have an advantage than other teams is that we have the potential to develop. We have a good but new team. With an addition or two in January, I could see us turning the table.

• Like 1

The positives are that we are generally holding our own, its not like its backs to the wall for 90 mins every week. Majority of our issues have been self inflicted.

But thats also a negative when you let it keep happening, you can easily get on that slippery slope. And if you keep throwing away points, you are constantly putting the pressure on yourselves for the next games, which then leads to more errors.

• Like 1