Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Wasn’t he sent off in stoppage time?  Not really the point I was trying to make.

Well early red cards just aren't very common. The 5-5 draw with Forest and the 1-1 draw with Ipswich last season were the only other games where we went a man up. 2 matches out of 46. Both those games were during that period pre-Christmas when we were switching from Bruceball to Deanoball and had a terrible defence. Not sure what they tell you.

Before that there's a 2-0 win against Wednesday in March 2017.

It just isn't a common scenario. It happens so rarely that it's virtually impossible to draw any meaningful conclusions about it.

Edited by KentVillan

On 26/09/2019 at 00:20, villa89 said:

When I look at our team I see a side that I would expect to be in a relegation battle and finish 16th/15th. I think Sheff Utd. will go down despite their good start and I wouldn't be suprised if Brighton went down too. There's a long, long way to go.

I look at all the promoted teams and see sides I expect to be in a relegation battle just goes with the territory. 

On 25/09/2019 at 17:02, villalad21 said:

When i look at our starting XI i see a good team on paper and i feel we should be nowhere near a relegation battle with that team.

Look at our attacking options and compare that to Bournemouth, Leicester, West Ham etc. Those teams will be nowhere near relegation battles.

It's a shame as we have lots of talent in defence and midfield but as we've seen many seasons before, go light of proven attacking options in premier league and it will be a struggle to win many games. Newcastle have exactly the same issues aswell regardless of their manager. Sold proven quality in Rondon and Ayoze Perez who had end of season purple patch and replacements haven't got going as yet.

A mate was talking to me about it, you have 38 games a season, with the way the league is now a newly promoted/relegation fighting team, 12 of those games are against the big 6. With how dominant they are you'll be doing well to get 7 points from them. Anything else is a massive bonus. It's not unrealistic to say you could lose every one. Or get 1-2 points. With 7 that leaves 26 games to get about 31-32 points minimum from. 4 of those are against tough teams, say Leicester and Everton. Say that's another 5 points max on average. You've now got 12 points and need another 25 at least from from 22 games. Only 11 are at home. We've already nuffed up v west ham, Bournemouth and Palace getting only 1 point. That leaves us with 1/9 points from our easier games and leaves us needing 24 points from 19, I reckon.

We really could have done with beating arsenal. We are currently 0/6 potential points against the big 6.

19 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

A mate was talking to me about it, you have 38 games a season, with the way the league is now a newly promoted/relegation fighting team, 12 of those games are against the big 6. With how dominant they are you'll be doing well to get 7 points from them. Anything else is a massive bonus. It's not unrealistic to say you could lose every one. Or get 1-2 points. With 7 that leaves 26 games to get about 31-32 points minimum from. 4 of those are against tough teams, say Leicester and Everton. Say that's another 5 points max on average. You've now got 12 points and need another 25 at least from from 22 games. Only 11 are at home. We've already nuffed up v west ham, Bournemouth and Palace getting only 1 point. That leaves us with 1/9 points from our easier games and leaves us needing 24 points from 19, I reckon.

We really could have done with beating arsenal. We are currently 0/6 potential points against the big 6.

Chelsea and Man. United are very vulnerable this side of xmas. Frustratingly we play them both away over 4 day period at start of December so will be tough. Despite our useless record I'd have been well up for playing Man. United at VP in next few weeks and Chelsea aswell.

Also play Arsenal in our last home game. Hopefully they'll still in europe and already secured top 4 so won't be as interested in league.

45 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sheffield United at it again. You have to hand it to them, they've taken this league in their stride so far. 

They aren't going down.

That moral and team spirit will carry them through. I underrated them big time.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Frustrating but one win from 12th so we're in good company. Not looking at that and thinking relegation - more about learning yet another lesson in this league. 

But we're not learning lessons.

We repeat our mistakes every week.

Just now, villalad21 said:

But we're not learning lessons.

We repeat our mistakes every week.

7 games in with an entirely new team, in the prem - 3 points off 12th. This is no different to how the majority saw this season unfolding. Frustrating as heck but we need to tighten up, clearly we can create and score. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Rename this to "Relegation thread" already.

We’ve played 7 games. 

1 against CL finalist away. 1 against a team pushing top 4 away. 3 teams who are top 10 PL teams. Relax a little. You cannot judge the season until 15 or so games in. 

• Like 2

One win from seven when every game since Tottenham has been winnable is an horrifyingly atrocious start to the season, failing to beat any of Bournemouth, Burnley, and West Ham (down to ten men for a quarter of the game), just isn't good enough, to add to that we also failed to get anything from one of the worst away sides in the leaue in Palace and anything from Arsenal despite having the lead over them whilst they were down to ten men for half of the game. It's no good saying we're only a win from this and that position, because we can't win games, and we're doing nothing to show that we're going to turn things arounds. We had as a easy a start to the season as you could hope for and have completey wasted it.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

When does this excuse end?

Give me a number. 10 games? 15 games? 20 games?

As I said above, 15 games. Maybe read the whole post and stop looking for negatives every second. I hate losing as much as you but we’re 3 points from 12th/13th. This is not Rotherham at home anymore.