Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Chris Wilder is a good manager but you would think he was Alex Ferguson meets Jose Mourinho the way people go on about him, he is 52 years old and has done well at Sheffield United but has achieved less in his managerial career than Alan Pardew, Steve Bruce, Alan Curbishley even Roberto Di Matteo

then again similar posters have licked Maupay arse all season

• Like 4

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Listening to Wilder the other night they are not going to ease off. They are really up for the restart 

Good, bring them on! 

They might not intend to ease off now, but when Europe is out of their reach, they will have at least one eye on next season, rather than on this one. Let's hope that's the case, when we play them.🤞

It's coming back whether some clubs like it or not. Motivation is key here. It's an awful thing to say in some ways but the break will have done us good. Others around us seem extremely demotivated in terms of a restart (Watford, Brighton to name 2). It was already extremely tight pre the break, now even more so. Before the break I thought we were nailed on gone. Think we have a real chance now if we want it a bit more than the others. Apologies if this seems a bit of a sensitive post re the pandemic but from a pure football pov if we started again in a month or whenever, I'm fairly optimistic we'd get out of it, the players seem pleased to be back. Maybe it's blind optimism but there we go! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Jamie Redknapp and Gary Neville have both said the last couple of days there are at least four to five players from most clubs who are not keen on either training just now or Phase Two.

That's simply not true. Klopp has said all his players are ready to go. I got the same feeling when Wilder spoke about his players.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

That's simply not true. Klopp has said all his players are ready to go. I got the same feeling when Wilder spoke about his players.

Wait until klopp has played 3 games and won the league and then see what his stance on it all is... 

I think he'll turn in to a huge hypocrite 

• Like 4

I think there will be a lot of surprise results. So much will depend on fitness levels, players missing and of course the no crowd factor which will be massive. 

Then you’ve got a few mid table teams that aren’t really playing for much. How much will they push themselves in the circumstances?

Will there even be European football next season? Are teams going to give their all to get a European spot which might not even happen? 

You have Liverpool that could win the league after a few games and then probably lose every game once that’s done. 

It’ going to be a very interesting end to the season. 

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wait until klopp has played 3 games and won the league and then see what his stance on it all is... 

He already is the biggest rocket polisher in the Premier League which is not an easy award

• Thanks 1

Looking at the fixture list i think the most "winnable" games will be away from home.

Palace, Newcastle and West Ham are must win games.

Liverpool one is interesting. They'll be Champions by then.

Fixture list.jpg

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The league is won now let me see; yesterday 423 died so would my club's fans and owners prefer me to risk playing the players who will defend the title next season or just throw the kids in? 

No way will they risk senior players, certainly not in every game any way. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Looking at the fixture list i think the most "winnable" games will be away from home.

Fixture list.jpg

They simply have to turn up and really try to beat the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd. Those will be bonus points and make the task easier. 

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Fixture list.jpg

Newcastle richer club than all the others put together will be going all guns blazing

There are two standout clubs in the premier league this season, Liverpool & Man City. After those two there isn’t a single team that any other premier league team should be in fear of. As I said previously, of our remaining fixtures it was only the Liverpool away tie that induced a feeling of anxiety. The break in play came at a good time for us. The way some of you go on about the fear of playing the likes of Arsenal, Everton, Sheffield Utd etc is laughable, you’d think they were the cream of European competition! We’ve beaten Everton and Newcastle already this season, and should have had all 3pts at Arsenal were it not for poor officiating. We got a draw at Old Trafford and was a matter of 5mins from beating Liverpool, without Grealish. So whilst we’ve had some poor displays and lost games we perhaps shouldn’t have, we aren’t nearly as dire as some of you are painting us to be. Thank god those of you with the beaten attitudes aren’t involved with the team! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

There are two standout clubs in the premier league this season, Liverpool & Man City. After those two there isn’t a single team that any other premier league team should be in fear of. As I said previously, of our remaining fixtures it was only the Liverpool away tie that induced a feeling of anxiety. The break in play came at a good time for us. The way some of you go on about the fear of playing the likes of Arsenal, Everton, Sheffield Utd etc is laughable, you’d think they were the cream of European competition! We’ve beaten Everton and Newcastle already this season, and should have had all 3pts at Arsenal were it not for poor officiating. We got a draw at Old Trafford and was a matter of 5mins from beating Liverpool, without Grealish. So whilst we’ve had some poor displays and lost games we perhaps shouldn’t have, we aren’t nearly as dire as some of you are painting us to be. Thank god those of you with the beaten attitudes aren’t involved with the team! 

Perhaps the ones with the beaten attitudes as you put it.....would equally focus on getting the right players to not have to have  a beaten attitude. in the main our players have made us too easy to beat.

However, you are right it is doable, we can stay up, if we show the right attitude & application and apply that to our talent.

All teams that go down can produce an inquest as to what they did get right, but the sad facts are, you go down for a reason.....and the main reason is consistency, consistently more bad than good.

For sure, we are not as bad as when we went down with 3 wins.

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Newcastle richer club than all the others put together will be going all guns blazing

No they're not... 

Don't get sucked in to the media narrative of $400bn worth of assets making them richer than everyone else

They aren't selling their Facebook shares to fund player purchases 

As for their level of performance that's anyone's guess, Bruce could be a dead man walking, the players could be fed up with links replacing them, or they could be in the shop window, same with most games it's hard to tell where their heads will be

• Like 2