Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

I think in our squad Taylor, Lansbury, Elmo, Trezeguet, Drinkwater, Hause, Jota, Baston are not of sufficient Premier League quality and between them probably over 100 games this season. 

Not including Hourihane, Wesley, Luiz, Konsa, Engels who have contributed or are young enough to develop but still out of depth in Premier League at moment. Few others

That's 13 players and I didnt name all them of a 25 man squad including 3 goalkeepers

37 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I know many here are tired of villalad21 and his posts, but his trolling is what keeps message board looking idiotic. Let us try to drive him away.

*Fixed 😜

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Ppg might be unfair but all we had to do was not get beat by tin pot Bournemouth twice.

Season is likely to restart regardless. There still is time for us.

Still makes me want to cry haha

To be fair Villalad21, is telling it how it is. Smith is not good enough for the Premierleague!

He repeats himself, because many on here do not accept, (through Smith being Villa through and through) he is not the man to make us a success in the Premier League.

Yes we need better players, but Smith with his inexperience will not be able to manage the ego that comes with them. Not because of Smith alone, but because they won't respect him. I think he struggles enough to control what we have,  proof being the utter inconsistency of the squad.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

To be fair Villalad21, is telling it how it is. Smith is not good enough for the Premierleague!

He repeats himself, because many on here do not accept, (through Smith being Villa through and through) he is not the man to make us a success in the Premier League.

Yes we need better players, but Smith with his inexperience will not be able to manage the ego that comes with them. Not because of Smith alone, but because they won't respect him. I think he struggles enough to control what we have,  proof being the utter inconsistency of the squad.

If that's what Villalad21 only did then he would be welcome on this board and many have those views but that's not all he does and you know it.  He's a troll

17 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Zero sympathy for one of the richest clubs in the world. A loss of £28m would bankrupt a lot of clubs outside of the Premier League bubble.

That's still less than Alexis Sanchez cost them. I think they can handle it.

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If you don't like my posts or find them annoying don't reply or block me. It really shouldn't be that difficult.

We do block you but when people quote you it shows us. You fill pages of threads because people are disagreeing with your stupid points, so we still see them and have to wade past them to see proper discussion/debates by real posters.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow. That's grim.

Around 1,400 players across the EFL are out of contract at the end of June and there is an ever-growing possibility that fans will not be allowed to attend matches until next year - starving clubs of, what is for many, their main income source.

"I can't see clubs offering contracts in that period," said Alex Rodman, midfielder at League One side Bristol Rovers.

He told BBC Radio 5 Live: "A lot [of the 1,400 players] could be lost to the game, which would be a massive shame.

"It's a horrible situation for them to be in - to think that they need to go and possibly find another job that they maybe haven't known for the last six, eight or 10 years just to support their families - but it is unprecedented times and I'm sure there's many other people in the country who are in the same position."

• Sad 2

44 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We do block you but when people quote you it shows us. You fill pages of threads because people are disagreeing with your stupid points, so we still see them and have to wade past them to see proper discussion/debates by real posters.

Absolutely spot on. I barely post here anymore because I just can't be bothered to read through a certain poster relentlessly trolling and constant biters. It ruins what was a really good forum prior to his arrival. 

You know he's a troll because he consistently ignores any points that prove him wrong, only to repeat the same statement again 20 minutes later like no-one ever responded.

When it's quiet like now there's no point really coming here because there's no other conversation to blank him out with

• Like 2

Oh god.  The views of one poster on here has wound me up so badly I have added him to my ignored users. Now I never get to see his innane rantings.  But there is no escape because people keep on replying and arguing and mentioning him.

People, hit the ignore button, refuse to enter into dialogue and they dissappear from the board.  It's a great function, just use it!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yet you are still replying to me.

If by your words i'm really a "troll" aren't you being counter productive by keep responding to me?

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yet you are still replying to me.

If by your words i'm really a "troll" aren't you being counter productive by keep responding to me?

Yeah maybe, but I cant get away from you.  I log onto this website and you're there in replies....it's that annoying advert that is repeated 100 times a day on tv or that friend of a friend whose a complete dick who turns up to friends gathering when you've had a bad week and you just want a nice beer and chat with friends but....Noooooooo....he turns up, so you either get so wasted and have a hangover all weekend or just get annoyed and go home early.

Think I'm just going to go home early in this case before I get a warning from the mods.  Plus also, I am being counter productive and others who dont want to see your replies, I am just making that worse.  So I will back away now.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I think it's fair to say. We have literally come full circle.

I wonder what we might do tactically/formation when we restart? Will we try and get Keinan Davis up top as a bit more of a target man to hold the ball up? If we do will we look to get Samatta playing off of Davis? Could it be something more like a 4-4-1-1? I’m not sure we’ll see 3 at the back again, though it can work well against certain opposition. As it stands I think my starting 11 for the “opening” game might be;

Nyland, Elmo, Targett, Engels, Mings, Nakamba, McGinn, Grealish, ElGhazi, Samatta, Davis. 

I do wonder if 3 at the back might allow us to be stronger in midfield and suit us with the personnel we have?